South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Tootache...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have the tootache from hell, my wisdom tooth is out and is growing the completely wrong direction...towards my cheek. It cut the inseide of my cheek and now everything is so sore!!! Can't even open my mouth big enough to eat.

I know I should go to the dentist but I have a big needle phobia!!!

slayer

Quote:Originally posted by birdie

Why suffer because of a phobia when there is a solution? Let common sense prevail and overcome your phobia. Or live in misery.

Just book that appointment and explain your phobia to the dentist when you see him - he will probably try harder to make you feel at ease. I am sure that you will be glad to have gotten rid of the pain. It has got to be worth it?
Quote:Originally posted by slayer
Why suffer because of a phobia when there is a solution? Let common sense prevail and overcome your phobia. Or live in misery.

Just book that appointment and explain your phobia to the dentist when you see him - he will probably try harder to make you feel at ease. I am sure that you will be glad to have gotten rid of the pain. It has got to be worth it?

I did phone and made an appointment...

I just hope he gives me some valium!!!!!!!!!!

It is so much easier for people to say what to do when they don't have that fear or phobia themselves. I will be screaming and protesting in that dentist chair like a five year old. It is thursday so I'll have time to prepare myself...Sad

slayer

I did phone and made an appointment...

I just hope he gives me some valium!!!!!!!!!!

It is so much easier for people to say what to do when they don't have that fear or phobia themselves. I will be screaming and protesting in that dentist chair like a five year old. It is thursday so I'll have time to prepare myself...Sad

See.....you have made the appointment and are already making progress by doing the rational thing. Maybe this phobia is not as big as you think? Jut don't bottle out please. Keep telling yourself that you are doing the right thing for your own health and wellbeing. Let me know how you get on.

Icecub

I have the tootache from hell, my wisdom tooth is out and is growing the completely wrong direction...towards my cheek. It cut the inseide of my cheek and now everything is so sore!!! Can't even open my mouth big enough to eat.

ag shame.......hope u feeling better soon.....did u take anything for pain???
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
ag shame.......hope u feeling better soon.....did u take anything for pain???

Yeah I took some painkillers...and a bit of whiskey on it this morning...(Let me tell u it isn't a nice taste so early in the morning...Sick ....)

I am so hungry.... but nothing fits into my mouth! Rolleyes
If you are really suffering... you can numb your mouth with clove oil... sold at most health food stores. It smells just like the stuff they use in the dentist (actually it stinks!) but it does the job and really works.

When you're at the dentist, tell him you are scared and I'm sure he will give you the option of knocking you out when you have that wisdom tooth removed. But really I had one wisdom removed in the dentists surgery and I would choose that removal over the three I had removed at the hospital!
Thanks Cali, already got the clove oil...got some of my neighbour.
Feeling a bit better today. I will just stop being such a 'big girls blouse ' and get it removed. Going to the dentist on Thursday.
Hope you feeling better soon, I am sure all will get sorted on Thursday, good luck
Eish nog a wisdom tooth bother....

I rememebr when I had mine taken out, I had so much pain in the one side of my face, I honestly thought I was gonna go mad....

But having the one pulled did wonders. I still have three left and they have not given me any trouble.
Pages: 1 2