South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: I want to walk out now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I think you guys have gathered I do not like my job, whether the dislike is due to being spied on by other parties, the "you're not Welsh" from some, the fact that my work is completed by 12 noon or that decisions involving my department are made without me. Probably a mix of all of the above. I'm tired of 'fighting', tired of dragging myself in. Just tired

One thing I do know is it has definietly affected my home life and I know that if I was happier at work I would not take it out on those at home. My promotion was just to keep me here - its not even worth the paper its written on.

All ISO procedures have been changed without my knowledge or say so. Found out by making a right fool of myself:o I am not allowed to write up new procedures until they decide its OK to do so. Correct me if I'm wrong (And I probably am) I'm the QA Manager and ISO is a big part of what I do. If other departments want to change anything they must inform me - not make me look like a right pratt infront of others.

My confidence is going as I feel that if they can make arbitory decisions without me then my work is not up to scratch. I no longer do my job to the best of my ability - whats the point - why should I if they can do it without me being involved.
I'm tempted to wait until the next audit (pref a week or so before) and just walk - new job to go to or not.

Sorry - you guys have got to be getting pretty bored with my ramblings (same ol' same ol'). I don't know what I would have done if you weren't here (no-one to bore). (and I haven't heard from the German firm so I guess thats a no then)
sorry to hear you having such an awful time

one thing you can be sure of, the Chef will have something to say

Big Grin
Hi Gwasi,

I'm sure we all feel that way about work at times. someone once said "sometimes you are the pigoen and sometimes you are the statue".
I hope things pan out for you- apply for all the jobs that seem worthwile to you, once a new one is secured then hand in your resignation with a big smile on your face - they may even give you gardening leave.
VASBYT en voorspoed.
Do you have boots made for walking?

Have you booked your shopping trip to Harvey Nicks?

Big Grin

Duckie.. she is Welsh and female. Nothing I would say [SIZE="1"]would have any relevance to life in the valley nor be applicable to a female. And she can't pick a good team for a fantasy..[/SIZE]
Big Grin
As QA manager can't you issue non-conformance and and prevent any further progress until you are satisfied they have adhered to written established procedures. One of the procedures would deal with any changes to be made and this would normally required the approval and sign off of the QA manager. You have the power, use it! ;-)
Wearing pink books today - coz I can but they're not made for walking:tonguepop:

Issue a non-conformance. Sure I can do that but it'll end up in the filing cabinet - the bin. Issue another one and the same thing happens. I can go on and on with them but the bin it is. Only when audits are due do they begin to panic. The last QA Manager - left with all the paperwork and manuals. Makes me wonder whether it was spite.

Harvey Nics? Not yet - the sheep have not deemed it so.
Flood them with paperwork, emails (the BCC works wonders.. with the CC thrown in on the odd occasion for good measure) and get on the horn to Harvey Nicks to book your pedicure for your swollen fingers. From dragging them on the floor..
Big Grin
gwasi Wrote:Wearing pink books today - coz I can but they're not made for walking:tonguepop:

Issue a non-conformance. Sure I can do that but it'll end up in the filing cabinet - the bin. Issue another one and the same thing happens. I can go on and on with them but the bin it is. Only when audits are due do they begin to panic. The last QA Manager - left with all the paperwork and manuals. Makes me wonder whether it was spite.

Harvey Nics? Not yet - the sheep have not deemed it so.

I sympathise with your predicament. As a Quality Manager in my last job of over 6.5 years, I can imagine what you are going through (of sorts). I was always up against it until I said that if they continued that way the company could lose its accreditation. :duh: My Managing Director was not best pleased and issued a directive forthwith.

Have you pointed out that you are the Quality Manager and would be held accountable to the Regulators. Furthermore having changed the procedures, have they also updated the manuals "control copies and uncontrolled copies". Have they noted all the amendments on the amendment listings, signed and dated them all accordingly. Have they then archived and recorded the details of the previous relevant sections/pages as required by the regulator. Have any non-conformances been recorded correctly. I could go on but I am sure that you are already fully aware of what's needed.

I would do as Cheffie says and send emails with BCC's and CC's pointing out that you cannot accept responsibility for the possible failure of the next regulator's audit inspection in view of all the tampering that has taken place. Have this recorded in the minutes of the next Review Meeting so it can be seen on inspection. Make sure that senior management are fully informed and explain why a non compliance could be recorded against the company at the next audit. Hopefully this will clear you to some degree. It should also allow you to recover the situation if management are made aware.

I wish you luck.

HH
:thumbs: Confusedurfing: