South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: NB. Looking for a recipe??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
mcamp999 Wrote:Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a single thread for recipes only? For example, I am cooking today and looking for inspiration. To browse through such a thread would give some good ideas.

Leave your J.O. book :wall: to one side and fire away Wink

What kind of food are you looking to cook?

On the sticking of recipes, it's only going to get a sticky if the source is verifiable and acknowledged (no use plagiarising for the sake of it) and the recipe is tried and tested.

Mcamp... we have a clebrity chef? LOL
Cheffie Wrote:Mcamp... we have a clebrity chef? LOL

someone who hasn't got e
TheDuck Wrote:someone who hasn't got e
OI

Are you allowed to correct spelling etc here?

I would love to see something new regarding a new "dish"

:rofl:

I don't touch the stuff myself!!
Cheffie Wrote:Leave your J.O. book :wall: to one side and fire away Wink

What kind of food are you looking to cook?

On the sticking of recipes, it's only going to get a sticky if the source is verifiable and acknowledged (no use plagiarising for the sake of it) and the recipe is tried and tested.

Mcamp... we have a clebrity chef? LOL

I hadn't seen the recipe section, now see it. I often like to try something different and tend to browse through websites untill I see something that inspires me. I tend to have no preconceptions about what I am going to do.

For example, I found a recipe for cottage pie which used parsnips and mashed potatoes instead of just potatoes, and it was really good.

If we don't have a celebrity chef yet, we can always change that Wink I did offer to be an agent for a certain cook on these boards. TV and radio appearences almost guarenteed Smile I will only take the obligatory 10% Wink

Or a clue about it Rolleyes

I'll leave the little gem there for future recall so that I too can be reminded how to spell :wall:
Big Grin

Joan... you're not highjacking are you? :innocent:

Mcamp.. done the TV bit 5 years ago.. been offered more but thanks, I'll pass Wink

Re mash, try using Jerusalem artichokes instead of potato. Superb flavour!

Joan... define a 'new dish' please Smile
Cheffie Wrote:Joan... you're not highjacking are you? :innocent:

Joan... define a 'new dish' please Smile

Hijacking, me??? Angel

A new dish......mmmmm well this may be seen as a hijack, how about George Clooney or a tall Brad Pitt?

:jester:

Hereby I shall stop the hi-jack

Sorry
Joan Wrote:A new dish......mmmmm well this may be seen as a hijack, how about George Clooney or a tall Brad Pitt?

If I recall correctly there was a cookbook out recently with recipes by a host of celebrities (I think it was a charity thing) and almost certainly had your 2 dishes :woof: inspiring legions of ladies to purchase it Wink
Cheffie Wrote:Re mash, try using Jerusalem artichokes instead of potato. Superb flavour!

I guess it is healthier as well?
mcamp999 Wrote:I guess it is healthier as well?

I'd be lying if I said I knew. No idea Mcamp but try it - they have similar properties to potatoes and flavour wise its magic.

If you have my number, you're welcome to give me a shout and get advice and some tips.
G
Pages: 1 2 3