South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Chelsea make massive bid for Benni
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Benni McCarthy is a wanted man with a price on his head. And it's certain that price will rise over the next few weeks.

Yesterday Chelsea made a bid of around £8-million for the Bafana striker, but the immediate response from McCarthy's club, Blackburn Rovers, was: "Benni's not for sale".

Of course, Rovers would be tempted with a higher offer, but it seems manager Mark Hughes has a lot more zeros in mind.

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...840C822705

Please Benni, dont make that fatal mistake!!!!!!!!:noway: :noway: :noway:
I am not so sure this report is totally accurate and I thinks the fee being asked for Benni would be around £20m
Chelsea need a striker to partner Drogba and Benni does the basics well (the role of a striker= put the ball in the back of the net) I have always rated Sheveshenko but he doesnt seem to be fitting into the Chelsea style of play, meaning they need a suitable replacement. They can afford to pay this amount for Benni but after being linked with players such as David Villa will they see the asking price for McCarthy to be a good investment?
2 grossly overhyped , overrated and overpaid sides , letting the rest of the world down ( yet again ) ;
Chelyski's got lucky , with not much to show for all the dubious zillions of roubles Roman brought in , with Putin's blessings...
same on ManU side : who can find anything good to say about what primadonnas Rooney , Ronaldo and co showed , weeks after they got already easily beaten by Milan ...
- so , who cares if they are again league champions in a country whose national team , for 30 years now , never comes anywhere in Euro- or World Championships ?