South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Hot Cross Buns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering if anyone had a recipe for Hot Cross Buns please, here in Germany unfortunately you do not get them and decided to surprise my family on Sunday.
Hi

Here is a link for a few recipes for hot cross bunnies. I've never tried any but these recipes from this site are normally pretty good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/search...+cross+bun

Please let us know how u get on
Thanks Lols Smile
no problem anytime I know how my family would feel if there were no HOT CROSS BUNNIES on Easter Sunday morning.
Yup, I can heartily reccomend the Jillibeans Homemade Hotcross bunnies. now let me see 24 bunnies divided by four hungry mouths = weight gain again.... still it was worth it Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by jimswin
Yup, I can heartily reccomend the Jillibeans Homemade Hotcross bunnies. now let me see 24 bunnies divided by four hungry mouths = weight gain again.... still it was worth it Big Grin

Jim did she use any of the links I posted out of interest. If they are anygood I will add to my file.
Quote:Originally posted by lols
Jim did she use any of the links I posted out of interest. If they are anygood I will add to my file.

I am not sure Lols, will get her to answer next time she is on line
Thanks Jim
Thanks Lols for the links, I didn't use the recipes but used a white bread dough added raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg. The links were useful as it gave me an idea about the quantites involved. I also then made the crosses out of a dough, rolled it out and this dough was mentioned in the links. Many thanks again all worked out well and hubby and family enjoyed them :thumbs: I shall make again next year. Smile
Hi Jillibeans. Smile Are you making your hot cross buns again this year? I was wondering if you'd mind please posting your recipe here or the quantities of spices etc you added to the bread recipe? Denmark don't do hot cross buns either & Easter is just not Easter without them. Wink

Or perhaps someone else has a recipe they use & can recommend? :beg:
Pages: 1 2