South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Barcelona edge past Sundowns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spanish side Barcelona came from behind to beat South African champions Mamelodi Sundowns 2-1 in a friendly in Pretoria on Wednesday.

South African international Surprise Moriri handed the home side an early lead but late goals from substitutes Santiago Ezquerro and Marc Crosas secured the win for the visitors.

Sundowns took the lead after just two minutes when Brent Carelse latched onto Vuyo Mere's low cross before setting up Moriri, who shot past Barca goalkeeper Victor Valdes.

Calvin Marlin kept Sundowns lead before the break after making point-blank saves from Samuel Eto'o and Ludovic Giuly.

Even though the Spanish giants dominated the first half, Carlese, Josta Dladla and Patrick Apataki also spurned good scoring chances for the South Africans.

Barcelona's persistence paid off the in the 74th minute when Ezquerro levelled from a Ronaldinho free kick.

Ronaldinho was again the provider with a superb pass to Crosas, who fired past Marlin with six minutes remaining.
good result for the Sundowns

Barca are not too bad

imagine if Beckham played for them
Barcelona usually play a home game at the end of August, so I am hoping to get to watch them at the Nou camp this year.
you reckon

and how much will that be
TheDuck Wrote:you reckon

and how much will that be

I understand that it is cheaper to watch them at the Nou camp than it is to watch an average premiership game. Two years ago the played Bayern Munich whilst I was there......

Watch this space Wink