South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Who's finished reading the new Harry Potter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was expecting mine to arrive today (well yesterday by now...), but alas things could not have gone more wrong...

First I get an email from Amazon, their U.S. site, to say that shipping hs been delayed and they are hoping to ship sometime between 21 nad 23 July....

Then I get another email to say that there's a problem with my mastercard... between the time I ordered and the time they wanted to bill me I've changed accounts :mad: so I have 12 hours to rectify my card details otherwise I'll have to wait for their next delivery of HP books but alas 12 hours had already passed by the time I read their email :bigcry:

And to make matters worse I saw the book in the supermarket today but didn't buy it as I thought it'd be waiting for me when we got home.... :duh:

So I sure hope that the book is worth the wait

:mmm:
For the first time ever, I haven't even purchased it yet :wall: :wall:
I reserved it from the library, so will have to wait a little Sad
Sorry to hear of your woes J.Confusedorry:

I've bought mine and finished it. Took me 12 hours but I had to as T was threatening to tell me what the ending was:noway: I laughed, cried, laughed cried and laughed some more. For me it didn't have the same flow as the other books - I do not think she wanted to finish. Will not spoil it though. A good read. Nice to escape from reality at times.
I finished the book yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyed it and if you've read the others you obvously can't miss this one.
mak Wrote:...if you've read the others you obvously can't miss this one.

so if you haven't you can...?

soz but I haven't read the first one yet...and the hype doesn't help I'm afraid :-)

:tired:
Ade Wrote:so if you haven't you can...?

soz but I haven't read the first one yet...and the hype doesn't help I'm afraid :-)

My boet gave me the first three books as a joke pressie. I started to read the first one thinking "What am I doing?" At 3 in the morning I had to put the second one downSmile . That was 7 years ago - before all the mega hype. I love reading and it made a refreshing change to read something that you could talk to others about.

Forget the hype and start from the beginning - you'll be hooked.
Ade Wrote:so if you haven't you can...?

I've not read any yet either. Blush Although I love reading & especially enjoy fantasy books, I don't get much chance with having a young child about. I'll admit that the hype has also put me off a lot. [SIZE="1"]Should I also confess that I found the movies rather boring despite the special effects? [/SIZE]
My reserved book arrived yesterday at my library, and I've finished it in 2 sittings! I thoroughly enjoyed it... it had elements of the Lord of the Rings in it, but what the ho, its a great read and we can bid a fond farewell to 'arry Po''er Smile

I wonder how long before we get to read about the Weasley's or the children's adventures.... :mmm:
for those who are interested

you can click on the link to the latest Harry Potter book from Amazon on the forums index page

by purchasing through the link GlobalBuzz SA will receive a small commission, so each purchase is valid

Thanks ForumAdmin