South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: a time for chocolate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

whirlpool

i just have to share this. i have always enjoyed icecream with hot chocolate sauce when i have gone out for a meal, in SA no problem but it does pose a challenge in the UK/Europe and one or two other places that i have been too. i had a really good chocolate sauce in a resturant once and i asked a chef once how he made it.
needless to say it is VERY fattening :wall: dont tell but i made it tonight and the kids came back for more...Rolleyes
anyway... simply take a bar one or mars bar and melt it in a double boiler, and thin it with cream once it has melted. the toffee in the mix quasi solidify's with the cold icecream and it is lekker. one bar per two people (is gready but you will regret it if you use less Wink )
enjoy!
Quote:Originally posted by whirlpool
i just have to share this. i have always enjoyed icecream with hot chocolate sauce when i have gone out for a meal, in SA no problem but it does pose a challenge in the UK/Europe and one or two other places that i have been too. i had a really good chocolate sauce in a resturant once and i asked a chef once how he made it.
needless to say it is VERY fattening :wall: dont tell but i made it tonight and the kids came back for more...Rolleyes
anyway... simply take a bar one or mars bar and melt it in a double boiler, and thin it with cream once it has melted. the toffee in the mix quasi solidify's with the cold icecream and it is lekker. one bar per two people (is gready but you will regret it if you use less Wink )
enjoy!

It is virtually the same as the SA recipe but there they used a BAR ONE as opposed to the Mars Bar.
Have you ever tried a bar one/mars bar milkshake. That is something to die for.
Why don't you guys and gals post a recipe then in the forum provided... with a link to your recipe in your post Wink

That way we can generate more interest in cooking Rolleyes ... and I can update my recipe file Big Grin

whirlpool

Quote:Originally posted by Cheffie
Why don't you guys and gals post a recipe then in the forum provided... with a link to your recipe in your post Wink

That way we can generate more interest in cooking Rolleyes ... and I can update my recipe file Big Grin
i thought i did Rolleyes

Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by lols
Have you ever tried a bar one/mars bar milkshake. That is something to die for.

Or leave a bar one in the sun so it get all melty and then mix it with a cup of rice krispies..... mmmm
[

That way we can generate more interest in cooking Rolleyes ... and I can update my recipe file Big Grin [/B]

No way, do you think I'm going all the way to Cape Fish to find I'm being served one of my creations a la cheffieBig Grin

PS when you getting something exotic in...I've a celebration pending?
Quote:Originally posted by whirlpool
i thought i did Rolleyes

Big Grin

Clearly you missed the point :double duh: Must be too much sun down under... Big Grin

http://www.globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/foru...forumid=53
Is the forum I was referring to... perhaps you'd like to do your little bit there? LOL.. though its not a really busy forum.. believ me the ladies lurve it Big Grin

Spam...

You have my number.. what celebration are you referring to? Is there something in particular that you'd like?
G

whirlpool

Clearly you missed the point :double duh: Must be too much sun down under... Big Grin

http://www.globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/foru...forumid=53
Is the forum I was referring to... perhaps you'd like to do your little bit there? LOL.. though its not a really busy forum.. believ me the ladies lurve it Big Grin

G
lol
it is because i am down under (err below that forum that is..) miss is as good as....
maybe the forum admin will move it Wink
another brilliant choclate sauce is a bar of whole nut choclate melted, pour in a can of condensed milk and wait until it starts to boil - let it cool down a bit and pour over ice cream - absolutely divine.