South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: MP3's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please dont raise your eyes at another dumb blonde !!!!!! lol

I have music on my pc (mp3) - I now want to get this so that I can listen to it - either on CD or other means.

What options are open to me.... how does it work... and what approx would it cost.
I pressume your heading should have been MP3's ?

If you do have MP3's already on your computer - just add speakers (normally std for the past few years) and use any MP3 Player to play it ... MS Media Player / Apple Mac Quick Player / Itunes ... many more ...

This is for free ...

If you want to copy them to a "portable device" by far the best is the new Apple Mac Ipod. Depending of the size of the hard drive the prize is from around 100 GBP and upwards.

A friend bought the latest / "biggest" and he brags that he does not need to listen to the same song in a week ! :eek:

Here is the Ipod and Itunes site : http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Hope this is what you wnat to know / hear ?
Heather - If you have a CD burner then all you need to do is to download Windows Media Player, install it and run it.

From the playlist you select the songs you want and then click on the "copy to cd" button and it does the rest for you Smile

Alternatively you could do as FBi suggests if you want really small and portable. I'm not sure how these things connect to your Hi-Fi or car radio though.

whirlpool

Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
Heather - If you have a CD burner then all you need to do is to download Windows Media Player, install it and run it.

From the playlist you select the songs you want and then click on the "copy to cd" button and it does the rest for you Smile

Alternatively you could do as FBi suggests if you want really small and portable. I'm not sure how these things connect to your Hi-Fi or car radio though.
winamp is hands down better than win media player :p imho

Are you saying that if I copy a MP3 file to a CD (yes I have a burner...) then it will just play in an ordinary CD player???
Quote:Originally posted by Heather.T
Are you saying that if I copy a MP3 file to a CD (yes I have a burner...) then it will just play in an ordinary CD player???

It will play on your computer's CD player but not ALL CD players !

It normally works on DVD players - but first make sure if you buy.
I bought a relative cheap DVD and it plays MP3's and even shows JPG en MPEG images.

Some car radio's will play MP3 's - but check it out first !
Quote:Originally posted by Heather.T

No.

A normal CD player doesn't play .MP3s, though most DVDs do.

A normal CD player only recognises .CDA files (I stand under correction here as there may be more types) so you need to convert the .MP3s to the .CDA format. Windows Media Player does this for you automatically when you use the "Copy to CD" button.

Depending on the quality of the .MP3 (normal is 128k) you should be able to get approx. 15 songs onto a CD in the .CDA format. .MP3 files are very compressed ( I think the average is around 100 songs per cd) but can only be read by computers and some DVDs (nowadays most DVDs though). I hope this helps you Smile
No.

A normal CD player doesn't play .MP3s, though most DVDs do.

A normal CD player only recognises .CDA files (I stand under correction here as there may be more types) so you need to convert the .MP3s to the .CDA format. Windows Media Player does this for you automatically when you use the "Copy to CD" button.

Depending on the quality of the .MP3 (normal is 128k) you should be able to get approx. 15 songs onto a CD in the .CDA format. .MP3 files are very compressed ( I think the average is around 100 songs per cd) but can only be read by computers and some DVDs (nowadays most DVDs though). I hope this helps you Smile

A lot of the newer CD players will recognize most formats including CD-R and CD-RW discs. I burnt some MP3's onto a CD and it plays perfecrly in my Philips CD player.

party boy

to make a 'normal' cd out of mp3's, you can use windows media player (a new one and not an old version) or the software that came with the CD burner, it converts the mp3's automatically and you can get about 15 - 20 songs on one CD. I need a new HiFi and im thinkiing of one of the new Sony ones, they can play mp3 straight off the disk, so thats 150 songs on one CD Smile
I just burn the CD like I would normally do - using Nero, and put the CD on my old (bought at a boot sale) Sony hifi and PRESTO... Works beautifully.

Guess what I am doing for the rest of the day???? LOL

Thanks all of you who answered and help me !!
Pages: 1 2