South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Linux ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

whirlpool

thanks Pics
I was wondering about my 3rd party app's like the software for my digital camera, bluetooth device and mobile etc
suppose the "wine" will have to compliment the beer spilt on keyboard and screen every time i lag on thes forums
or is that whine as in from the missus calling me away....Big Grin

whirlpool

Quote:Originally posted by Gaff
Most cameras, Bluetooth devices, memory sticks, digital video cameras, mobile phones etc work with no problem.
Bit harder to set up sometimes until you get used to it, but then they work seamlessly, unlike windoze.

Some of the best video editing software in available for Linux.

Never had much luck with wine, maybe because I don't drink, but unless you want to play games, then you can do everything else with free programmes.

Once you have loaded and are using Linux, you'll have to ask someone to pull the plug occasionally, so you remember what a crashing computer is like.

don't play games, so that is one less. i also have some bespoke software as well, that i was wondering about - the non crashing sounds good, i will just have to give it a go
Pages: 1 2