South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Angkor Wat, Cambodia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

My wife and I are flying into Siem Reap, Cambodia to see the temples of Angkor Wat. If any of you have been to Cambodia, might there be anything else that should be experienced, other than, 'The Killing Fields'. Also would anybody have a personal recommendation for a hotel in Siem Reap?
Hi Paddy

When are you flying? I will ask friends that live in Thailand and Cambodia for advice. Will let you know.
Hi Pronkertjie,

We're flying into KL, Malaysia to visit family on January 20th, visit the Taman Negara rainforest, celebrate the Chinese New Year in Malacca and then head up to Siem Reap on February 10th, before heading across to Vietnam. We'll be bypassing Thailand but any extra information about Cambodia would be greatly appreciated.
[COLOR="Blue"]Hi Paddy

I didn't get a lot of information for you... I'm sorry. This is what he wrote...

"I think there are alot of things to experience - Check out the Hagar Project in Siem Riep. You will have to check out the Internet for places to stay as this is high season for tourists."

Travel well!

:tourist:[/COLOR]