South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Next book discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not too sure what the next book on the list is .... as far as I remember it was Fire Baby ! I have been unable to get this one from our library....so I shall sit this one out and wait for the next.

If anyone has any ideas on the next book please give us the title so some of us who are slower readers can get ahead. (Ja, you Pam finishing them books in a day-:haha: )

I no one comes up with the next title I shall browse around for a new one....!
Fire Baby was the next one on the list, but I have been busy reading all the others I ordered from Amazon....I will try and get it next week.

Icecub, have you already read this one?

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
Fire Baby was the next one on the list, but I have been busy reading all the others I ordered from Amazon....I will try and get it next week.

Icecub, have you already read this one?

actually just walked thru the door....hard day....Smile

anyway yes i have finished the book, i personally did not enjoy it, but if you guys want to read it, it is interesting, but i far prefer authors i am comfortable with like Martina Cole etc...

this past 2 weeks i have read Firebaby, Ransom by Danielle Steele, , The foolish things by Deborah Moggach (hilarious book), Moonlight becomes you, and yesterday and today finished The no 1 detective agency and tears of the giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith and tomorrow will finish the 3rd book by him Morality for Girls......so been busy busy busy....time to scout the BBC 100 or the comical books list i posted..Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
actually just walked thru the door....hard day....Smile

anyway yes i have finished the book, i personally did not enjoy it, but if you guys want to read it, it is interesting, but i far prefer authors i am comfortable with like Martina Cole etc...

this past 2 weeks i have read Firebaby, Ransom by Danielle Steele, , The foolish things by Deborah Moggach (hilarious book), Moonlight becomes you, and yesterday and today finished The no 1 detective agency and tears of the giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith and tomorrow will finish the 3rd book by him Morality for Girls......so been busy busy busy....time to scout the BBC 100 or the comical books list i posted..Wink

Mmmm, well if you say Firebaby was not that good, I will miss this one!!

Am currently reading Morality for Beautiful Girls as well!! Been really busy these last few days, so I have not finished it yet. Seems to be as good as the first two.

Maybe we should all suggest a new book?
Icecub, what particularly don't you like about FireBaby? Because I did like the storyline, but don't want to waste my time if it doesn't turn out to be worthwhile.

I still have the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. It does sound interesting but is rather long- 593 pages.
Here's the blurb;
Harvard professor Robert Langdon receives an urgent late-night phone call while on business in Paris: the elderly curator of the Louvre has been brutally murdered inside the museum. Alongside the body, police have found a series of baffling codes. As Langdon and a gifted French cryprologist, Sophie Neveu, begin to sort through the bizarre riddles, they are stunned to find a trail that leads to the works of Leonardo Da Vinci - and suggests the answer to a mystery that stretches deep into the vaults of history.
Unless Langdon and Neveu can decipher the labyrinthine code and quickly assemble the pieces of the puzzle, a stunning historical truth will be lost forever...

'Wow... Blockbuster perfection... An exhilaratingly brainy thriller. Not since the advent of Harry Potter has an author so flagrantly delighted in leading readers on a breathles chase' - New York Times

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by dudette
Icecub, what particularly don't you like about FireBaby? Because I did like the storyline, but don't want to waste my time if it doesn't turn out to be worthwhile.

I still have the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. It does sound interesting but is rather long- 593 pages.
Here's the blurb;
[b]Harvard professor Robert Langdon receives an urgent late-night phone call while on business in Paris: the elderly curator of the Louvre has been brutally murdered inside the museum. Alongside the body, police have found a series of baffling codes. As Langdon and a gifted French cryprologist, Sophie Neveu, begin to sort through the bizarre riddles, they are stunned to find a trail that leads to the works of Leonardo Da Vinci - and suggests the answer to a mystery that stretches deep into the vaults of history.
Unless Langdon and Neveu can decipher the labyrinthine code and quickly assemble the pieces of the puzzle, a stunning historical truth will be lost forever...

'Wow... Blockbuster perfection... An exhilaratingly brainy thriller. Not since the advent of Harry Potter has an author so flagrantly delighted in leading readers on a breathles chase' - New York Times [/B]

Dudette, i did not get the feel of relaxation in the book also to me it did not make me want to sit down and read it in one sitting, i got bored, i felt it was not consistent-there was no easy flow in the writing.....i think i might try your one u suggested above..Smile