South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: African nations cup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has to have been the best African nations cup that I have ever watched. The array of talent on display is unbelievable. virtually every player seems to be playing in the top flight of the premiership/La liga/SerieA/Bundesliga/France etc etc etc.

Many of the commentators rated the opening game to be the best opening game of any major tournament that they have ever watched. The only bad thing has been the state of the pitches.

Looking forward to more games, but doubt that SA will come up to the same standard tonight. But heres hoping Smile :beg:
so who are your favourites

I do like Ghana because of their display in the last WC

someone I know was very keen on the Ivory Coast

The array of talent on display is unbelievable.

and hopefully you can say the same after tonight's game

Sad
TheDuck Wrote:so who are your favourites

I do like Ghana because of their display in the last WC

someone I know was very keen on the Ivory Coast

The array of talent on display is unbelievable.

and hopefully you can say the same after tonight's game

Sad

I live in hope, but it is extremely unlikely.

Ghana are always good on home soil

Nigeria have a star studded side but looked disinterested yesterday

Ivory coast looks good

Even Guinea looked good.

I am going to punt for Ivory coast
Got it wrong, thought it was Wednesday so SA only play tomorrow
Some really slick passing by a very young SA side against an experienced Angola team, followed by a great 30 yard screamer to equalise, add in a goal that was incorrectly disallowed and SA really performed well.

Don't think the experience is there to progress far this time, but good promise for the future.

Overall, a job well done!!!!
well a point is a point is a point
TheDuck Wrote:well a point is a point is a point

They are certainly not finished article, but they play a lot better than I was led to believe. You can see Carlos's influence shining through, and they are displaying a lot of Brazilian influences in there play which I believe could suit an SA side which has always had a lot of raw skill and talent.
Did Pienaar play?
TheDuck Wrote:Did Pienaar play?

Yep he had a good game went off with 20 to go as SA put on three attackers in 2nd half chasing the game. The substitute for Pienaar scored the goal, dont you get the games over there? Its on eurosport and BBC, you should be able to watch on the comp
well currently I am called deep in working

plugging in 12 to 16hr days at the moment

in-between Sex in my Sitting Room [SIZE="1"](by the way, that is not a new TV program)
[/SIZE]
and a little thing called TheBizSense is now starting

Big Grin

[SIZE="1"]ps.. can i blame u, please[/SIZE]