South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: broken modem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

party boy

hey guys, im having trouble with my main pc now, i cant keep a connection to the net for more than about 40 mins before it drops the call, sometimes i dont even get 2 mins. anyway, ive reinstalled windows, reinstalled the modem drivers and all that and it still happens, ive even tried moving it to a different pci slot. now i know my line is fine cause im using the laptop to connect and it stays connected for days, no problem. do u think my modem is broken? i have a counter and ive used the modem for about 5200 hours, i wonder if its just tired? any advice? thanx.
I presume that the lapdog doesn't use the same modem ? If it does then obviously then the modem isn't faulty.

I have to admit that you've got me on this one... Sad

whirlpool

bigpond isp in aussie use v90 modems that clashed with the modem settings i had for my modem, they had a whole lot to say about it, considering the modem worked everywhere else but with them... anyway i would chase your isp they may have you make some changes, one that bigpond made with me was take my modem down from 56k to 33k - that is why i now have broadband with another isp!!
let us know what you find