South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Female Detective Leads The BBC To Botswana
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have yet to read any of the books however I am sure Dudette mentioned it on one occasion

[COLOR="Navy"]Female Detective Leads The BBC To Botswana
The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency is the first in Alexander McCall Smith’s bestselling series of novels following the adventures of female detective Precious Ramotswe. In March, some ten years after the novel’s release, the BBC is launching the televised serial; the first ever to be filmed entirely in Botswana.

Determined to make the world a better place by solving local mysteries, the book’s protagonist Mma Ramotswe is the first woman in Botswana to become a private detective. Solving local crimes around Gaborone, and occasionally joining farther flung adventures, Ramotswe provides warm observations about Bostwana, showing a pride in her homeland and giving insight into its culture and traditions.

Her passion for Botswana is a direct projection of the author’s own feelings. On his website, McCall Smith speaks of his love for the country: “I find Botswana a very interesting and admirable country. I respect the people who live there – they have built up their country very carefully and successfully. I admire their patience and their decency”. He continues to visit Botswana every year.[/COLOR] full story - Female Detective Leads The BBC To Botswana
[COLOR="Purple"]They are lovely books. I just finished one.

Precious taught me that the map of Africa is in my heart! Smile

Confusedue:[/COLOR]
now that is precious

Smile