South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: The Rasmus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Anyone heard of this band? They have a song in the Top 20 (currently about no. 4 or so) called In The Shadows...

Waddya think? Bought their cd last week, and I really like their stuff - like a toned down Linkin Park.
Linkin Park on Ritalin... :haha:

Yep, their single "In the Shadows" was all over the radio in SA when I was there in January. It's old news in SA now, but quite new here.

They're a little "soft" for me, but still good value. Great music video.
Quote:Originally posted by edmonsta
Linkin Park on Ritalin... :haha:

Yep, their single "In the Shadows" was all over the radio in SA when I was there in January. It's old news in SA now, but quite new here.

They're a little "soft" for me, but still good value. Great music video.

Too "soft" for you? Wink
What you like then? Linkin Park, etc?????

They make cool listening musicBig Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
Too "soft" for you? Wink
What you like then? Linkin Park, etc?????

They make cool listening musicBig Grin

No, don't get me wrong, I do like that tune, but it did take a long time to grow on me.

What do I like? Now there's a question that I could take forever to answer... I like all kinds of music...Big Grin
No, don't get me wrong, I do like that tune, but it did take a long time to grow on me.

What do I like? Now there's a question that I could take forever to answer... I like all kinds of music...Big Grin

Ok then!

I have finally got my tickets to see Evanesence next month - I am so chuffed!
Ok then!

I have finally got my tickets to see Evanesence next month - I am so chuffed!

What I meant was that I don't really like any kind of "genre" of music.. if I hear something that I like, then I like it.

Basically, I started mixing about a year ago, so I like Trance, Hard Trance, Hard house, etc to mix with and "jam" with friends.

Otherwise, I like most Rock and Metal, like Live, U2, Queens of the Stone Age, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Nirvana (in their day) etc...

But then also a whole lotta other stuff. I guess I only draw the line at country and jazz, both big no-no's... :haha:

Evanescence is good. Very emotional/powerful stuff, I think. Have fun, I'm jealous!!!
What I meant was that I don't really like any kind of "genre" of music.. if I hear something that I like, then I like it.

Basically, I started mixing about a year ago, so I like Trance, Hard Trance, Hard house, etc to mix with and "jam" with friends.

Otherwise, I like most Rock and Metal, like Live, U2, Queens of the Stone Age, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Nirvana (in their day) etc...

But then also a whole lotta other stuff. I guess I only draw the line at country and jazz, both big no-no's... :haha:

Evanescence is good. Very emotional/powerful stuff, I think. Have fun, I'm jealous!!!

Fanx!! I also love Live, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, etc.....never heard of Queens of Stone Age.....
Fanx!! I also love Live, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, etc.....never heard of Queens of Stone Age.....

You know Dave Grohl, the frontman of Foo Fighters (and ex-Nirvana drummer)... well, he's the drummer of Queens of the Stoneage.... :up

One of their better known songs is "No-one knows"
You know Dave Grohl, the frontman of Foo Fighters (and ex-Nirvana drummer)... well, he's the drummer of Queens of the Stoneage.... :up

One of their better known songs is "No-one knows"

OMG, yes, I think I know who you are talking about - is their music video the one with the deer that straps them on the bonnet?? If so, that is a GREAT song - I really like them! The leas donger has reddy/blondy hair?

What's wrong with country and jazz ??? Except for the fact that they are impossible to mix Sad

I've had my country period (around std. 5 & 6) and my jazz period, in my Tech days, and thankfully they were before my DJ days Big Grin

As such I've nothing against them except I do not like hearing how much the singer misses his / her dog or truck or lover...

As for the jazz songs.... I don't care how blue you feel, no matter how much you play your wind instrument it will never replace the soft lyrical sighs of Aretha or Agnetha..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5