South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: recipes for redcurrants
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Need some help here please. Since moving way in the back of beyond we have left the apple trees behind and now have redcurrants. Unfortunately my other half does not like fruit with savoury, so out goes the lamb and some other dishes. This only leaves me with sweets, so far i've thought of a sorbet, said no to redcurrant jelly, thought of summer pudding but my dearest said no as he does not like bread puddings (oh for a man who likes to experiement with foodSmile ).
Does anyone have any other ideas?
We also have plums, blackberries and sloe, can i mix any of these with redcurrants. The only sloe receipe i've got is for gin.
gwasi Wrote:(oh for a man who likes to experiement with foodSmile

Cue.. :chef:
:leaf:
Big Grin

Chicken with redcurrant confit is good.

Plum pudding, along with blackberry ice cream and a sloe sauce would be heaven. I'll even travel to Wales for that LOL!

Buy a few cook books and start experimenting?
must have bad cookery books as i cannot find anything for red currants. Thanks for the idea for sloe - give that a bash i think - nevermind ice cream before should be fun. not the season yet but will be soon.