South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Getting married in the UK?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

Glenn and I have decided to get married! He just mentioned that he will have to get a copy of his divorce,etc (UK bloke, divorced) and it got me thinking... I only have a copy of my SA divorce - certified true copy but I lost the original one! Does anyone know if I will need to get the original or at least a govt. copy... or any suggestions where I should start to find all of this out?

we have set the date as 12th June 2010 so I have time on my hands but knowing how things like Passports and stuff take ages I best start now!
Congrats on taking the plunge :thumbs:

Before you consider inviting 300 people to the wedding.. just elope :woof: :leaf: And enjoy the wedding on a beach someplace exotic Wink
Congrats Spacegirl, I would definitely apply for the originals to be safe, you don't want to have a problem at the last minute.
Congratulations to you both. I would probably start by phoning the Registrar and asking what the rules are. Google Registrar's office, putting the area you live in first and that should give you the local office. Hope this helps
Cheffie Wrote:Congrats on taking the plunge :thumbs:

Before you consider inviting 300 people to the wedding.. just elope :woof: :leaf: And enjoy the wedding on a beach someplace exotic Wink

hehehe - yes that would be an idea but we have decided to have the :wed: in Cornwall Confusedurfing: on a beach there... no fancy reception just a good old Saffa Braai! will keep the costs to a minimum as I plan to make my wedding dress and start buying champagne now...stockpiling! giggle... even plan to have the i-Pod set up with music so forsaking the need for a DJ! I want to walk down the isle to "The Click Song" by Miriam Makeba... it is normally sung when a girl gets married... while I may not be a girl anymore I still dig the song! besides as my dad speaks fluent Xhosa we may even do a bit of a jig down the isle! hehehe

if I could guarantee the Confusedunny: then it will be perfect!

Glenn and I are now planning a trip to SA to tell my parents in person and at the same time sort out my divorce papers! hehehe and he knows I am home sick...
Seeing as you're going down south and not been to CT yet.. you need to go there. After you tell your folks.. and as a 'shopping trip' too.
With the exchange rate in your favour, do the wine route and purchase your Methode Champenoise (Spl) from a decent estate down there - John Platter Guide will assist in this - and then you can have your Saffa braai with Saffa 'Champagne' too Wink
(You can choose to store it down at the Bergkelder in Stellenbosch and ship it out closer to your wedding as well.)
[SIZE="1"]Oh.. and you'll have finally seen Cape Town to boot Big Grin[/SIZE]
G
:wed: congratulations.
[COLOR="Purple"]Congratulations Spacegirl.... may it be a happy day with many happy years afterwards!

:jive:[/COLOR]
a Hearty Congrats Spacegirl

:jive:

[SIZE="1"]i was sure i had posted earlier but i see not[/SIZE]