South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Clearing address bar.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running XP. When typing aa address into the explorer address bar, there are a lot of unwanted addresses that do not delete when the history is cleared.
How does one get rid of them???

Not to worry, finally found the right place to do it.....
..tell me too...please Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Sumy
..tell me too...please Smile

Open MS Internet Explorer (if you use Opera - mail me and I will explain).

Go to TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS >click on the GENERAL tab

Go to CLEAR HISTORY

Unfortunately it will clear your real history as well.

But if you where nawty and visited hotmale.com or sex.com ... this is the way out Wink

PS: Yes you can but me a beer at Cambridge :haha:
Quote:Originally posted by FlyingBok

But if you where nawty and visited hotmale.com or sex.com ... this is the way out

PS: Yes you can but me a beer at Cambridge :haha:

Thanks for that... phew... Big Grin

...yes... I will include that beer in my budget... Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Sumy
Thanks for that... phew...

Hang on, you're not in the clear yet... you still have to delete the temporary internet files and cookies.

(in the same box you used to clear cookies, click on "settings" under "temporary internet files" click on "view files" and delete those)

Now there is no evidence. However, the evidence is not gone for good, as it is still kept in the index, so if you have been looking at secret government files :haha: they can still track you down...

Can I have a beer too please? :haha:

(PS: I only know this... er... because... er... a friend in IT told me.... )
lol glad to see you got it sorted...

This thread only proves that messing about actually does teach us something... :comp:
Quote:Originally posted by edmonsta
..... so if you have been looking at secret government files :haha: they can still track you down...

Can I have a beer too please? :haha:

..so that's who those men in black are... mmm... Rolleyes

er... i may have to check my credit card... Sick but *gulp* ... sure you can have a beer... Big Grin