South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Hello and what are you reading ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It has been so long since I posted anything here it looks like I’ve abandoned the Book Club thread but this is not the case…. - thought it would be good to have a nice chat here in the Book club and see what all everyone is reading and been up too.

I am about to start a new book it is a chick lit book called the “Confessions of a Demented Housewife” by Niamh Greene - looks like a bit of fun and a laugh.

Tell us what you are reading at the moment.
Not reading enough books of lately , must admit ;
the daily press makes for quite enough horror-reads , then we get the likes of CNN , CNBC , BBC and the rest - suffice to make one desperate and suicidal !
However , one Good Thing this week : Dido ( ms. Armstrong ) is back , with a new Cd !
Enjoy !
Reading Henning Mankell's The White Lioness

the story of the foiled plot to assassinate Nelson Mandela, where the assassin was to be trained by an ex-KGB agent in Sweden

interesting story

Ray, is Dido Canadian or Brit, please?
Irish ( professor ) father , French mother , born and raised in London ; great full name , it's all on Google , Wikipedia etc , plus YouTube is up to speed on the latest already...
thanks .. the wife said she was Brit
Born in Kensington !
A v. v. fine example of a London girl , much as I could mention any number of other English roses...
Nothing much to with the books' thread ( yet ? ) , sadly .
Amy Winehouse has a book out

No No No
My wife likes Amy ( still ) , must be all that eccentricity ?
( I don't ! )
Now Blake is out of jail and rehab , so : left Amy for a blondie German "model"...
Live'n'learn , hey ?