South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: The Apple iPod Mini
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got my order in... Big Grin

Seeing as this is the second gadget of it's sort from Apple (second to the iPod) apparently they have sorted out the teething problems they had with the first one.

Do any of you have one yet? Any comments, reviews, recommendations?
Quote:Originally posted by edmonsta
I've got my order in... Big Grin

Seeing as this is the second gadget of it's sort from Apple (second to the iPod) apparently they have sorted out the teething problems they had with the first one.

Do any of you have one yet? Any comments, reviews, recommendations?

It is on my shopping list so I will wait for your answer Ed Big Grin

We have a few ipod's and we all have the same problem - battery life which is a world wide problem.

Let us know about yours mate - what size did you take ? :eek:
I got one off e-bay last week Big Grin

Very nice little gadget, this is my first IPOD so I can't really compare it to the larger models.

I believe the battery life is slightly better (+- 8 hours), although its still not easy to replace (the unit is completely sealed).
Quote:Originally posted by Baud
I got one off e-bay last week Big Grin

Very nice little gadget, this is my first IPOD so I can't really compare it to the larger models.

I believe the battery life is slightly better (+- 8 hours), although its still not easy to replace (the unit is completely sealed).

Lo baud (welcome first of all).

If I may ask - what did you pay and how many gig's ?

Cheers,

FBi
Hi FB Smile

The mini IPOD has a 4GB harddrive (approx 1000 songs)

There are alot available on ebay, mostly from americans shipping them to the UK as they are not available here yet, prices seem to average around £160-190 plus £35 postage to the UK.

I was a bit worried about having to pay VAT + import duty on top of that so bought one off someone in the UK for £220, delivered next day

I'v seen some go for very good prices but you just have to be lucky, the auctions are very popular!
Thanks for the info, Baud. I am wondering whether I should just ditch the pre-order and buy one privately... I haven't paid for anything yet.

Then again, maybe I should stick to it and buy it from a reputable company rather than privately. I'm always a little scared of 2nd hand stuff from strangers....Rolleyes

Will let you know, FB....
Ed,

The IPODs available on ebay are brand new factory sealed units which should be covered by apples worldwide warranty
Thanks for the Info BAUD !

Appreciated Big Grin

Good Luck Ed ... I have a friend who flies from NY to here next week .. I already bought a 80 Gig back up drive - think he should have space for a Ipod as well :p
Quote:Originally posted by Baud
Hi FB Smile

The mini IPOD has a 4GB harddrive (approx 1000 songs)

I see the mini do not come with the docking station - it is an optional extra .. :eek:
Baud Wrote:I got one off e-bay last week Big Grin

Battery life is now 18 hrs and no power supply needed anymore.

You charge it directly from firewire or USB 2 :thumbs: