South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: autobiographies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just finished reading "The King of Queen" by Laura Jackson
& thoroughally enjoyed reading all about Freddie Mercury.

Do you other readers enjoy autobiographies?

If so which ones have you enjoyed reading?
I do enjoy reading autobiographies too !

I have in my collection:

Losing my Virginity - Richard Branson (read on tape by himself)
Broken Music - Sting (my all time favourite singer)
Billy - written by Pamela Stephenson (Billy Connolly is totally awesome)
Memoirs of an Unfit Mother - Anne Robinson
Kitchen Privileges - Mary Higgins Clark (an excellent thriller author)
How Do You Want Me? - Ruby Wax (find her interesting)

Want to get Lucky Man - Michael J.Fox - this is next on my list.
i bet that was interesting on freddy mercury
Hubby bought the biography about Lance Armstrong but being an extremely lazy reader he convinced me to read the book and then I just had to read the interesting bits to him.

Well to my amazement I really enjoyed the book and I do have a lot of apprecation for what he achieved up to now.

Another biography that really grabbed me was the one about Allison - the girl that was raped, stabbed and then her throat was cut as well.
Quote:[i]Originally posted by Surita

Another biography that really grabbed me was the one about Allison - the girl that was raped, stabbed and then her throat was cut as well. [/B]

I also read that one Surita. She's a very brave girl & I hear that she has done a lot of motivational talks too.
Quote:Originally posted by jewels
i bet that was interesting on freddy mercury

It was jewels. I'm a big fan!!!
I really enjoy autobiographies.

I've read Alan Donald's - White Lightning, which was brilliant.

I've also read Richard Branson's and Ellen Mccarthy which was fantastic and made me much more aware of the sacrifices she made for what she has so far achieved.

Another book which is not quiet an autobiography but still a very eye opening read is the book written by Shaun Russell about the murder of his wife and daughter and the survival of Josie Russell. It a compelling read and one that certainly makes the reader almost in awe of the miracle of Josie's survival.

Being the Forumla 1 fan that I am I also had a good laugh when I read Murrey Walker's autobiography. "If I am not mistaken"

"Been Serious" is John Mcenroe biography which is another brillant read.
Quote:Originally posted by lols
I really enjoy autobiographies.

I've read Alan Donald's - White Lightning, which was brilliant.

I've also read Richard Branson's and Ellen Mccarthy which was fantastic and made me much more aware of the sacrifices she made for what she has so far achieved.

Another book which is not quiet an autobiography but still a very eye opening read is the book written by Shaun Russell about the murder of his wife and daughter and the survival of Josie Russell. It a compelling read and one that certainly makes the reader almost in awe of the miracle of Josie's survival.

Being the Forumla 1 fan that I am I also had a good laugh when I read Murrey Walker's autobiography. "If I am not mistaken"

"Been Serious" is John Mcenroe biography which is another brillant read.

I'll have to get the Murray Walker one as I imagine it will be great being a F1 fan myself...

I am still struggling with the Richard Branson as well as the John Lennon biographies.... Sad

But a really good one (or rather make that two) try Mick Foley's "Mankind - have a nice day" and "Foley is good" they're very riveting, especially if you're a wrestling fan.