South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Book and habits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1.Do you like to eat/drink anything in particular while you read?

2.What do you use as a bookmark?

3.How likely are you to lend your books willingly to your friends?
1. I enjoy eating chocolates when I read, I try not to do it too often !

2. At the moment I am using a bookmark from Australia with a koala I received as a gift from a friend.

3. I generally only lend to friends I know will look after my books, there are a few on my shelf which do not leave the house (silly I know).
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz

1. I like to read in the bath...with a nice glass of vodka and diet coke Big Grin

2. I use what ever is around..used envelope....receipt.....

3. I have no problem lending books to friends.....my books tend to go round the family a few times anyway Big Grin

Icecub

i tend to munch something but i try not to eat anything fatty as to leave marks on my books...

i got so many bookmarks lying around, but when i want one i can never find one...:mad: so i tend to use anything i can find, a small card or something as i hate bending the pages...Wink

i lend them willingly but only to those whom i know will give them back once they finished with them, also i lend those i am not too sentimental about, books i normally do not collect....Big Grin
Usually try and knit while reading. ( The knitting is to stop me from eating) Mostly read library books so the lending is not a problem. Right now am using a laminated wedding invite as a bookmark.
I like to read in bed (especially in the winter months) & munch on biltong or popcorn.
I have used many things as book marks, including a paper gem clip but if I am reading a hard cover book, then I usually just use the front cover flap.
I also usually get books from the library too.
I seldom eat anything when I am reading....

I will use anything as a bookmark, as I tend to lose actual bookmarks...so I use anything I can find at the time...

I hate lending out my books, as I find most people ruin them...I will VERY reluctantly lend out to 2 or 3 people, and then there are some books I refuse to let anyone borrow, as they are precious Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz

I usually have a huge bottle of diet coke next to me when I read (it's thirsty work...).

For a bookmark I usually use an old bus pass - there are always a few lying around.

I will lend books out to certain people, but I have a selection of books that I consider too valuable to risk letting out of my house. I have found that roughly a third of the books I lend out never come back so am wary of what I hand out.