South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: The curious incident of the dog in the night time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday I gave up the struggle with my mammoth Afrikaans book and I bought this book purely because I had to buy a third book. You konw the specials - buy 2 get on free.

Well I started the Curious Incident last night at around six and it was finished by 10 last night. What an absolutely amazing book. I really really enjoyed it.

I don't want to tell too much about the book but it is basically about an autistic boy and his views on the world.

I would love to hear other people's views on this one.
Would you mind posting up the ISBN number or the author's name? I can order through my local (but inadequate) bookstore then.
I'll bring the book into work tomorrow and I'll post the name of the author and the ISBN number. I don't have it with me right now.
If it is the book you are talking about, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time: byMark Haddon the ISBN no is 0099450259.

I have seen it at Asda for £3.73 or £6.99 at Amazon.

This is a delightful book! It is well written, funny and well just a real amazing book.

Suggestion perhaps you can do this for June as well ?
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz
If it is the book you are talking about, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time: byMark Haddon the ISBN no is 0099450259.

one of my friends has also spoken of this book
i have to make a plan to get it
now i am back to drivin ginto work - i dont get my reading time on the train
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz

3.73? it was in waterstones for 6.99 ! what a rip off !
I bought it for £5 at FOPP and thought it was a bargain... :mad:

An interesting book to say the least, though the mathimatical question at the end had me stumped...

The highlight of the book for me was probably the chapter numbers.... (And no !!! I am not admiting that I am a geek.... LOL )

Without saying too much, I think the end was a bit too sugary to be true...
I read it recently too and found it very enlightening. It really does give one an insight into the way Aspergers view things, and how difficult it must be for parents.
I also thought the page numbering novel Smile

Seeing as the writing style is so readable, I gave it to my daughter to read and even she enjoyed it!