South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Blessings!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly...............Rita..............I beat you Big Grin

Question..............What is a blessing?
Do we understand it?

Sue
Quote:Originally posted by Sue Johnson
Firstly...............Rita..............I beat you Big Grin

Question..............What is a blessing?
Do we understand it?

Sue

:haha: I was planting and planting and planting blessings to bloom later! Have a sore back now.

A blessing to me is a gift given to me out of unconditional love.... sometimes I don't even deserve it! It is something I so much want to happen to other people. To receive something special from the Father's heart! It come in tiny things or in big ways. People can be a blessing to us, or that what they bring can be a blessing to us!
Evening Rita

Have you ever wanted something very badly and you have prayed for it.......then prayers are not answered and you wonder why? Then weeks...months....years later...you look back and realise that the blessing was actually in NOT receiving what you thought you wanted?

Sue
Yes, and it can be so painful at the time when you don't receive it, and then it turns into a blessing when you realised that you were saved from even a bigger disappointment. God is so committed to us... it often blows my mind that He knows me far better than I know myself!

:lovef:
Quote:Originally posted by Sue Johnson
Evening Rita

Have you ever wanted something very badly and you have prayed for it.......then prayers are not answered and you wonder why? Then weeks...months....years later...you look back and realise that the blessing was actually in NOT receiving what you thought you wanted?

Sue

This reminds me of the little girl who's birthday was in a few weeks and she planned a picnic... all her friends laughed and said it may rain , she said she prayed and asked God that it should not rain on her birthday.
Lo and behold, the day arrived and it poured... all day long...

her friends still giggled and then asked what had gone wrong, did she stop praying to which she answered : NO, I asked God but He said NO!

Sometimes we do not hear God because none are so deaf than those who do not wish to hear!!!

I think we often think by praying things will and should go the way we have asked for it, especially when it concerns ourselves, our relatives or our friends, but God knows best.

Also reminds me of an interview I heard in SA just after Mugabe was elected as Prime minister... one of the elders in the church said they prayed for days on end that Mugabe should not win the election, yet he did, but in retrospect, they realised that there would have been much more blood shed had things not happened that way.

Blessings to all of you.

Rita

You have reminded me about being saved from something I really thought I wanted.

Four or five years ago, I was very into the occult. I had learnt to draw up astrological charts, I was visiting mediums to communicate with the dead and I was fascinated by all sorts of stuff that today, I would not touch with a barge pole! I was really wanting to become good in what I dabbled with and I spent lots of money on many, many books that would teach me all I wanted to know.

Today, when I look back I shudder to think I believed such garbage. I did not realise I was playing with fire and inviting satanic stuff into my life. I had not the foggiest idea how I had opened my spirit to the evil that is present on earth. When ever some one would warn me, I always had reasons as to why it was OK! I had never read the Bible and thought that only religious freaks and nuts could believe what was in that book!

The blessing for me is that I was taken to church one day by a drug addict who also had a big problem with alcohol. Don't you just love how God work's? The blind leading the blind Big Grin but not really, because He was in control all along. We both gave our lives to the Lord and over a two year period a whole series of revelations came to me and I could see how far wrong I had gone and how much He loved me and was willing to great lengths to draw me in to His love.....now that is Blessing!!

Deuteronomy 18 9-11
When you enter the land your Lord God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead.

So today, I fully understand why people are drawn to the occult, been there, done it. I understand why those involved believe what they do, because at one time I believed it too. Praise God that He loved me enough to intervene and show me the truth. Praise God that He has shown me the way and is making my paths straight. Praise God for all the blessings I have in my life and praise God that I am no longer caught up in occult practises!!! Big Grin

Quote:Originally posted by Pronkertjie
Yes, and it can be so painful at the time when you don't receive it, and then it turns into a blessing when you realised that you were saved from even a bigger disappointment. God is so committed to us... it often blows my mind that He knows me far better than I knows myself!