South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: The Templar Revelation - Picknett & Prince
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title of the book suggests... its about the Knights Templar and the origins of 'Christianity' as we know it.

A real 'heavy' book to read - you have to concentrate and all the cross referencing does take a little getting used to.

Basically it took the authors about 8 years to research the book and throughout their travels have managed to put pen to paper and overwhelm with loads of historical fact. Balancing the need for objectivity is quite apparent and the final few chapters... explosive to say the least.

Its definitely one to buy and keep and re-read at a later stage.

Being a Catholic, and having many questions about my religion, I found the book both intriguing and explaining a lot.
As with most things... I think this has barely scratched the surface but hopefully will inspire more people to scratch a little harder at the 'truth' we are led to believe.

From the possible origins and worship of Mary Magdalene to John the Baptist, the influence of the Catholic Church in defining what we call 'Christianity', alternative viewpoints on rituals and Jesus Himself - it makes for very compelling reading and not one for the 'lighthearted, easy going, glass of wine in hand' kinda relaxing book that one would normally go for.

A :thumbs: from a cook
Thank you, Cheffie - I was looking for a thread on another book and came upon this eagerly awaited crit. I'll definitely keep it on my to-do list then Smile
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
Thank you, Cheffie - I was looking for a thread on another book and came upon this eagerly awaited crit. I'll definitely keep it on my to-do list then Smile

Dudette ..

its a worthy follow on to the Da Vinci Code.. but wow! it's a real difficult one - loads of cross referencing etc.

You'll probably have to order it in fom the book shop or perhaps your library will have it?

Have fun and let me know what you think of it