South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Romance !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What book do you think best depicts the romance between a couple?

I am sure the classics will prevail here !

Icecub

The classics are lovely and a great example of how they used courtship and romance in those settings, i love reading them.

Which ones are your favourite Nikkinaz??:daisy: :daisy: :daisy:
I would have to say that Jane Austen is my favourite classic writer who keeps 19th Century Romance alive, with a bit of added humour. I can just picture the English society of the times, all the drama and intrigue ! Big Grin

I do read occasionally modern love stories, boy meets girl that we call chick lit type books, and I do not really have a favourite.

:lovef:

Icecub

No i do not have a favourite either, but i so enjoy them.....Wink
ahhh jane austin novels are lovely
so quaint with their oldie times of courtship and behaviours

i do like a good romance now and then - easy reads - like thirtysomething - that was a good read - read that on the plane i rem'ber last time i went home

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by jewels
ahhh jane austin novels are lovely
so quaint with their oldie times of courtship and behaviours

i do like a good romance now and then - easy reads - like thirtysomething - that was a good read - read that on the plane i rem'ber last time i went home

certainly were quaint, i think alot of guys today can heed some of their advice...Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
certainly were quaint, i think alot of guys today can heed some of their advice...Wink

i agree
yes, i think some of the young women (or even girls nowadays!) could do with being a little more quaint and alluring rather than open (in more ways than one ! ) LOL LOL