South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Humility....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read this today....

Proverbs 22:4...."Humility and fear of the Lord bring wealth, and honor and life."

This will keep me busy for the next week to let it sink in.

We always think that if we humble ourselves and confess something we have done wrong, others will like us less or not being our friends anymore. We humble ourselves because we love the Lord, and what does it brings us.... wealth - I don't think it is material posessions as such; honor and LIFE!!! Amazing.

:hartlik:
Quote:Originally posted by Pronkertjie
I read this today....

Proverbs 22:4...."Humility and fear of the Lord bring wealth, and honor and life."

We always think that if we humble ourselves and confess something we have done wrong, others will like us less or not being our friends anymore. We humble ourselves because we love the Lord, and what does it brings us.... wealth - I don't think it is material posessions as such; honor and LIFE!!! Amazing.

Indeed.
And why should we fear other people........... is it because we need to feel popular, or what?

This will be part of my "learning curve" too!
Rita

There is nothing so powerful as the humble heart. I have known many humble people in the work I do and there is something so strong about them. God will bring down the proud but give strength to the humble. I have witnessed that strength over and over, but it is not understood....just like much of what Jesus came to teach us because the world does not operate on the priciples Jesus laid down for us to live by.

Sue

Quote:Originally posted by Pronkertjie
I read this today....