South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Caramel Kondensmelk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know someone previously said that you can find it here, does anyone know ehat it is called over here?
Here is a supplier for Nestle's Caramel Treat imported to the UK from South Africa
Have not seen it here, so I just make my own! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by nataliiie
Here is a supplier for Nestle's Caramel Treat imported to the UK from South Africa

£2.10 a tin ??? That is a bit steep for something that cost around 65 pence in SA!!!

I know there is some substitute over here but I can't remember what it is called. Thanks anyway.

I think I'll just have to cook it for 3 hours...:haha:
Quote:Originally posted by birdie
£2.10 a tin ??? That is a bit steep for something that cost around 65 pence in SA!!!

I know there is some substitute over here but I can't remember what it is called. Thanks anyway.

I think I'll just have to cook it for 3 hours...:haha:

Get a big enough pot and boil three or 4 tins at the same time... and HIDE the ones you are not using.

Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Pronkertjie
Get a big enough pot and boil three or 4 tins at the same time... and HIDE the ones you are not using.

Smile

Good idea. How long do you boil them for?
I spoke to a guy today who said they are not allowed to sell it in the UK but only import it for personal consumption. this I didn't know
Quote:Originally posted by birdie
Good idea. How long do you boil them for?

Sorry, didn't see your post until now...

Boil it for two and a half hours to 3 hours. Make sure it is covered with water all the time....

Smile
I usually do it in the pressure cooker, 35-45 minutes maximum pressure.Big Grin Big Grin

My sons love it and I have to "do"

it almost everytime we are together!!!Wink
Pages: 1 2