South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: I have Plans For You
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jeremiah V29 11-

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, " plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, " declares the Lord, " and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the Lord, " and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

What an encouraging scripture...true today, as it was yesterday, as it will be tomorrow. He already has our life planned. The Lord knows all our tomorrows. Do not fear what lies ahead - remember...
He's already there!

He want's to prosper us, He want's to give us hope and a future...is that not what we want for our children too? This is the Father's heart speaking to His children...."call upon me and I will listen to you"....as parent's our children call upon us in their distress...do we not stop and listen...of course we do...our children in need....our children crying out....we forget the past, all the stuff they have done...in a moment it is gone, and in love we reach out and listen....just like the Father.

The Father's heart is open....His arms are open......He want's to bring us back from our captivity. He wants to draw us back from a place of exile..our own. He knows what path we should be on, the path he so lovingly created to prosper us, to give us hope, to give us a future.

As children we have our own ideas, we know better, we can do it ourselves.....how often does a young child demostrate all these characteristics? As we grow older, life is not so forgiving, we realise we are not an island and that we do not always know best. Sometimes we become so lost and so alone..there seem's no way out of exile.

How wonderful it is to say....I stuffed up BIG time....and know that there will be no condemnation, no pointing finger, no constant reminder of all those failures.How wonderful it is to know that a hand will be extended in love, a hand that will gently lift your spirit's, a hand that will walk with you as you pick up the pieces of a broken life, trashed dreams and a broken heart. A hand that will never let go because... " I know the plans I have for you "....................... that's His promise!!!

We have a great Dad!!