South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Norton anti virus help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone please try & help me. I can't seem to get into my norton anti-virus anymore. When I click on it something comes up saying "This program has performed an illegal operation & will be shut down"???? Right at the top it says NMain.
I do have another anti-virus (AVG) & luckily that one is working ok.
Any assistance/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with Norton. The only suggestion I could give would be for you to contact the Symantec website and see what advice they could give you.
Perhaps someone more computer-literate could help... Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Curio
Can someone please try & help me. I can't seem to get into my norton anti-virus anymore. When I click on it something comes up saying "This program has performed an illegal operation & will be shut down"???? Right at the top it says NMain.
I do have another anti-virus (AVG) & luckily that one is working ok.
Any assistance/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

If a normal reboot of the computer does not work (yes Windowzzzz reboot) Wink ... then I can just imagine that your files are corrupt / damamged / deleted for some or another reason. (sadly).

Re-install .. older versions of Norton will give you a brand new year of updates Big Grin
A wild guess would be that your anti virus programs are clashing....
Thanks so much for your help.
Everything is fixed up now.
Just needed to re-boot.
Computers can be so "finnicky" sometimes.

Thanks again.
:thumbs:
Quote:Originally posted by Curio
Thanks so much for your help.
Everything is fixed up now.
Just needed to re-boot.
Computers can be so "finnicky" sometimes.

Thanks again.
:thumbs:

Pleasure ... nothing beats an 'ol reboot Wink
Thanks FB
Smile
and to dudette & Jangar too.
:lovef: :lovebuzz:
Always a pleasure dear Big Grin