South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: No Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My laptop doesn't have Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. My operating system is Windows 2000 with Office XP.

Is there any way I can get this back (not sure if I had it to start with) and / or download?
Hi Natalie,

I have Win 2000 with all th eoptions and there are not such a thing as "wn pictur and Fax viewer" ?

I also have Office XP (depends which version you have ? Std ?) - I have the full version and with it you get MS Photo Editor which is not too bad.

I also have Office 2003 (the latest) and with that you get a cool program called MS Office Picture Manager.

Look under PROGRAMS > OFFICE TOOLS !

What exactly do you want to do ? Maybe we can help with a different program ?

Cheeers

FB

picanin

FB as far as I can remember Win 2K does have faxing software built in.

Natalie get your 2k CD and run Add Programmes in control panel. In amongst the windows communications software will be the faxing software if your version has it. The cheapie Wang Imaging software will be in amonst the programs too somewhere.
Quote:Originally posted by picanin
FB as far as I can remember Win 2K does have faxing software built in.

:o
My appologies I forgot to mention it .. yes it has WinFax as standard (quite good as well although I use the full - paid - version) Wink
Thanks everyone for your help. I didn't realise that Windows 2000 didn't automatically come with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, however, I did think that it would have been a default setting with Office XP.

I wasn't really wanting the Fax facility. I just wanted some software that I could view my pics with (and that I could scroll through from one pic to another relatively easily).

I don't have any discs for any of the software so I can't download or reinstall from the original software.

I will look around for a freeware picture viewer that I can download. If anyone has any suggestions in this regard, that would be a great help.

Thanks again.
... oh ok .. that's easy then ... download Irvanview - small fantastic program that takes less than 2 minutes to down load from a 56k modem

http://mweb.tucows.com/files2/iview391.exe

Jus tclick on Win 2K for yours.

Enjoy it !

FlyingBok
Thanks FlyingBok. You've been a great help.
Quote:Originally posted by nataliiie
Thanks everyone for your help. I didn't realise that Windows 2000 didn't automatically come with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, however, I did think that it would have been a default setting with Office XP.

I wasn't really wanting the Fax facility. I just wanted some software that I could view my pics with (and that I could scroll through from one pic to another relatively easily).

I don't have any discs for any of the software so I can't download or reinstall from the original software.

I will look around for a freeware picture viewer that I can download. If anyone has any suggestions in this regard, that would be a great help.

Thanks again.

JASC Media Center is a brilliant little program, sadly no longer around but if you ask me nicely I can source a copy for you Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by nataliiie
Thanks FlyingBok. You've been a great help.

Small but it is great !

You can also try ACD Sytems .. also known as ACDC

I tried it and bought it after 30 days and sue it 50 time sper day - especially if you decrease picture sizes a lot it is fantastic !

Enjoy Smile