South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Usb2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

party boy

hey guys need some help urgently. i just built a new computer but the USB drivers wont install, the CD that came with the motherboard says i need XP SP1. there is no way i can get SP1, my XP is cracked and i cant download it anyway cause i use a **** ISP (iafrica) who doeasn't let downloads complete. what do i do? should i just put 98 on the computer? seems a waste cause its a pentium4. any advice? thanx!
Sorry my XP Cd has bee nused to many times and can not get another install out of it.

Win 98 I am sure will not be able to support USB2 ( I think) as it was not developed then ?
Try this install, should download, even in SA lol, its not the full sp1 update so u should be ok with your dodgy version of xp.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...layLang=en

party boy

mark, im gonna try that now thanx

FB, I have used USB on 98 and the drivers say they can install USB2 on anything from windows 95 and up, stupid that it wont work on XP Sad now im gonna spend my whole dat formatting this thing and reinstalling everything.

I swear im gonna but a mac iBook in the UK!!! i've had enough of all this ****.
Quote:Originally posted by party boy
..............edited.............I swear im gonna but a mac iBook in the UK!!! i've had enough of all this ****.

No don't do that, as you already have the PC just install Linux Mandrake 10 or similar. You'll never regret it. I now run a dual boot system with Window$ but use Linux most of the time.

Check out with picanin I'm sure he will be able to advise you better than I can.

HH
:thumbs: Confusedurfing: Confusedunny:

picanin

PB USB2 will work with '98 should you decide to use it. Personally I wouldnt touch XP with a barge pole. As for using anything with the word Mac in the name........ well the only good thing is that if you use Mac OS X you will at least be using an OS based on *nix. As for the hardware forget anything about upgrading your mac hardware wise. It just isnt as simple as that. Macs are made to be used and turfed out.

party boy

hey guys thanx for all the advice, i eventually got this damn thing to work, it detects my USB mouse and Keyboard, I must just make sure it detects my printer, will look into linux and I would still like to try the Mac for fun, ill rather play all my games on the TV Big Grin