South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Cassette Tapes onto CD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How is it possible to get the contents of cassette tapes onto CD (mp3 or wav format)?

What extra software do I need? What extra hardware do I need? How do I go about setting this up?
I have a tape recorder connected by cable to my soundcard via the "line-in" connection. I then startup a program called "Musicmatch" (although there are plenty of others you can use) and start the casette and start copying. The physical setup is quite easy and you just need to play around with the software a little, to get it working.
Thank rlsuth. It seems like I have all the right equipment. I just need to set it up and play.

I appreciate your help.
You're welcome! Just let me know if you get stuck.

btw To record BBC radio over the internet, I just connected the speaker outlet to the line-in inlet and recorded as above.
Quote:Originally posted by rlsuth
You're welcome! Just let me know if you get stuck.

btw To record BBC radio over the internet, I just connected the speaker outlet to the line-in inlet and recorded as above.

Now that is a simple but brilliant solution :thumbs:

Thanx RL Big Grin
The full version of REAL Player will do it as will a number of the MAGIX packages http://www.magix.com