South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Do I need to get out more?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

picanin

I am sat at work right now tickled pink that I can control my linux box at home using my P800 phone. Am I sad or do I just need to get out more? Big Grin
Lol, I would be thrilled too, but then I don't think I'm qualified to say Blush
Quote:Originally posted by picanin
I am sat at work right now tickled pink that I can control my linux box at home using my P800 phone.

While you have time ...

explain what I could do with my P900 :p

PS: Hear they are discontimued and is now a P910 ?? :eek:
I am sat at work right now tickled pink that I can control my linux box at home using my P800 phone. Am I sad or do I just need to get out more?

I would have said "get a life" but I don't even know what a linux box does, so I can't.

:haha:

picanin

Quote:Originally posted by FlyingBok
While you have time ...

explain what I could do with my P900 :p

PS: Hear they are discontimued and is now a P910 ?? :eek:

Oom Bok, have u taken a look at the software available for download for your phone? There is quite a lot of free software apps that you can pop onto it.

The P910i is a very very tasty phone with a two sided keypad flip. Unfortunately I can only afford cast off phones currently so unless someone donates one to me in the near future I shant be using one for quite a time! Big Grin

picanin

Quote:Originally posted by edmonsta
I would have said "get a life" but I don't even know what a linux box does, so I can't.

:haha:

And you being a gamer and all! Linux is an operating system far far superior to any of the wubbish produced by MS. I have a few boxes which run Linux and can now use my phone to control them remotely. OK I ahve to squint to do it but it is possible! Big Grin
Oom Bok, have u taken a look at the software available for download for your phone? There is quite a lot of free software apps that you can pop onto it.

The P910i is a very very tasty phone with a two sided keypad flip. Unfortunately I can only afford cast off phones currently so unless someone donates one to me in the near future I shant be using one for quite a time! Big Grin

Wink Boetie I have checked the we bsite out and me think I must go back to Sony Ericsson .. they are so kewl ... :p

PS: I gave my P900 to my partner .. he seems quite happy with it.
And you being a gamer and all! Linux is an operating system far far superior to any of the wubbish produced by MS. I have a few boxes which run Linux and can now use my phone to control them remotely. OK I ahve to squint to do it but it is possible!

Blush

Okay, so games I know, but PC's aren't my speciality...Big Grin

I must admit, I have heard of it, but never knew what it was. Guess I've been sucked into the MS black hole like most of the public. How many other operating systems are there besides MS?

picanin

Quote:Originally posted by edmonsta
Blush
How many other operating systems are there besides MS?

For use on the PC? Probably at least ten if not more. MS just happen to ahve gotten the monopoly on them...................... for the moment!
For use on the PC? Probably at least ten if not more. MS just happen to ahve gotten the monopoly on them...................... for the moment!

Has DEC's VMS come unto the PC market yet ?
Pages: 1 2