South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: You are what you eat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
What? Wink The body pump class is great and work all the muscle groups! Especially that bum

:haha:

the name "body pump" sounds like some other sort of action class..... :rofl:

I'm sure it does work the bum...... :crylol:

Dolla

Quote:Originally posted by tokoloshie
thats where people fall down...you do not need to eat anything to train..more important is to take in fluids...if you want to build muscle sure eat high protein and carbo's..but to loose weight cut out carbo's like pasta and bread and of course sugar is the worst..your body has plenty in reserve to boost you whilst you do short runs..once you reach your goal weight then you can start eating more carbo's to help you run longer...Wink

No, I totally totally agree with you. I only eat complex/good carbs. However, if I do not eat something substantial in the afternoons, I am near dead the evenings when I have to go to the gym.
I have started reading my book and she mentions that you have to eat fruit alone, with nothing else. Will I never, here I was mixing it with yoghurt and even my salads....Well, I do not believe EVERYTHING I read either Wink

Dolla

does what...?...Big Grin

:p Blush :noway:
breakfast toast beans and hp...yes again (high in fibre)..Big Grin

I pity your wife Toks....... Big Grin

tokoloshie

Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
No, I totally totally agree with you. I only eat complex/good carbs. However, if I do not eat something substantial in the afternoons, I am near dead the evenings when I have to go to the gym.
I have started reading my book and she mentions that you have to eat fruit alone, with nothing else. Will I never, here I was mixing it with yoghurt and even my salads....Well, I do not believe EVERYTHING I read either Wink

told you...Wink ...Big Grin

Dolla

Quote:Originally posted by Gregg
:haha:

the name "body pump" sounds like some other sort of action class..... :rofl:

I'm sure it does work the bum...... :crylol:

You'd be surprised how many guys goes to this class!
It really is great, nothing like aerobics. You basically do a full arm, leg and bum work out to music and a women screaming at you (sure bloody feels like boot camp!). You can use weights that suit your body and work to your own speed.

I have to admit, I am addicted, and the instructor's body is definitely an incentive for me Wink

Dolla

told you...Wink ...Big Grin

Okay, if you eat more than one froot, it does fill you up Wink Big Grin You win (only this round)

tokoloshie

I pity your wife Toks....... Big Grin

:haha: say no more..
I'm fairly lucky.....I eat pretty much what I like!! And I have a weakness for ice cream......have one or some almost every night!! :o Then again I'm not a pig and don't go wild on chow....however I NEVER ever think to myself "Oh I can't eat this coz it's not good for me and I'm gonna pile on the pounds"

Then again I do a lot of exercise and when I go to the gym (2 or 3 nights a week) or play sport I always put maximum effort and come out exhausted.

The exercise is needed to run off all the beers comsumed over the weekends!! Big Grin

Dolla

I'm fairly lucky.....I eat pretty much what I like!! And I have a weakness for ice cream......have one or some almost every night!! :o Then again I'm not a pig and don't go wild on chow....however I NEVER ever think to myself "Oh I can't eat this coz it's not good for me and I'm gonna pile on the pounds"

Then again I do a lot of exercise and when I go to the gym (2 or 3 nights a week) or play sport I always put maximum effort and come out exhausted.

The exercise is needed to run off all the beers comsumed over the weekends!! Big Grin

I have been at stages where I went on diets, all women does.
Now, I realise that I am hurting my body in the long run by eating unhealthy. I still do eat treats and the only reason why I am not having something is because it is not good for me, and not because it is going to make me put on weight.
For example bread. I absolutely LOVE bread, any flavour any way, but I am wheat intolerant, so I know that eating it will hurt me.
Like the book says you have to have the 80/20 outlook. Eat right 80% of the time, you have the 20% gap to be norty Wink