South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: You are what you eat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dolla

Quote:Originally posted by Surita
Cranberry juice has lots of Vitamin C in so it is really good when you feel a cold coming on.

It helps prevent and help urinary infections and then (sorry guys!!) it is brilliant for PMS and cramps during the time.

Oh really? Wink I am definitely going to give this a go. Thanks :thumbs:

Icecub

guess my eating is out of the window at the moment...my Mom is eating too much - so is making sure i join her with the midnight snacks etc..:haha: eish....she can afford to put on the weight but not me...Rolleyes as she is a size 8....Smile

Dolla

Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
guess my eating is out of the window at the moment...my Mom is eating too much - so is making sure i join her with the midnight snacks etc..:haha: eish....she can afford to put on the weight but not me...Rolleyes as she is a size 8....Smile

Cubbie, it is not everyday that your mum comes to visit! Enjoy every moment (and every bite!) Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Surita
Cranberry juice has lots of Vitamin C in so it is really good when you feel a cold coming on.

It helps prevent and help urinary infections and then (sorry guys!!) it is brilliant for PMS and cramps during the time.

:thumbs: i will give this a try !
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub

i agree with dolla, u enjoy having ur mum staying

ag man - size 8s might be thin but might not be healthy - rem'ber that Smile

Dolla

Morning all,

So here is my menu for today:

Brekkie - Fruit salad with banana, peach and pear. warm water with lemon, decaf coffee
Snack - some seeds
Lunch - H made us a lovely salad with couscous, boiled courgettes and carrots, fried garlic mushrooms and tomato
Snack - Apple
Dinner - I am off to the gym tonight. It is going to be an easy session, as my knee is still pretty eina. after that I will see what I feel like.

Tonight I am going to start packing!!! :hooray: :cheer:
goeie more almal
hoe gaan dit met almal? Confusedunny:

i am going to gym it tonight ! Smile

brekkie - yoghurt and fresh blueberries, a banana, warm water with lemon and glass of orange

lunch - i have made a yummy salad with diff types of lettuce, spring onion, toms, cucumber, turkey ham, shavings of cranberry cheese, croutons, pine nuts and smelly boiled egg
yummmmmmm

have loads for snacks - strawberries, a kiwi, a pear and a mini yorkie biscuit
Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
Snack - some seeds
Lunch - H made us a lovely salad with couscous, boiled courgettes and carrots, fried garlic mushrooms and tomato
Snack - Apple
Dinner - I am off to the gym tonight. It is going to be an easy session, as my knee is still pretty eina. after that I will see what I feel like.

Tonight I am going to start packing!!! :hooray: :cheer:

HI !

what type of seeds are u having as snacks?

mmm that salad sounds good - i might try some of these things - we never eat couscous or cougettes ! :eek:
i know veg is better for u but i prefer salad - cant eat alot of veg
i must be making them incorrectly

:yahoo: :cheer: PACKINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
lucky thing ! Big Grin

Dolla

Quote:Originally posted by jewels
HI !

what type of seeds are u having as snacks?

mmm that salad sounds good - i might try some of these things - we never eat couscous or cougettes ! :eek:
i know veg is better for u but i prefer salad - cant eat alot of veg
i must be making them incorrectly

:yahoo: :cheer: PACKINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
lucky thing ! Big Grin

It is sunflower, pine kernels and pumpkin seeds. Very yummy just like that or on salads.

I never used to eat couscous either, as I thought it tasted like rice (which I hate). You can buy the ready made packets from Sainsbury's, it is flavoured and absolutely delicious. Takes about 5 min to prepare as well.

I will choose veggies any day over meat or salads. I normally take aubergine and courgettes, cut them up in rings. Put them in a dish and put some black pepper, sea salt and rosemary olive oil on them. Shove them in the oven and roast them for about 40 minutes. It is lovely. You can then use it in anything, lasagne, salads just like that etc. It is so easy to prepare as well.
I just mix it then with the couscous. Veggies on its own is not very filling for me. Or put it on a baked potato. Yum yum

I actually started packing last night, well set everything aside that I can not forget. Sjoe it is nice! :haha: I am absolutely petrified that my suitcase will get lost or stolen, I have been like this forever. So I am trying to cram as much as possible into my hand language Blush
:thumbs:

thanks for that - i will try the roasted veg, couscous and seeds !
mmm we dont have a sainsburys near us - ther eis one in town tho i think - i will try and find it
otherwise i will try marks for that ready made couscous

i am the same - i take loads of things in my hand luggage - all jewellery, make up ! the important stuff ! LOL