South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: You are what you eat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tokoloshie

Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
:rofl: I have finished my whole packet of seeds as well. They are quite addictive, aren't they?

Sue, I have sunflower, pumpkin seeds and pine kernels. Yum

honestly now what are these seeds supposed to do for a person?
Quote:Originally posted by tokoloshie
:eek: dagga seeds....Big Grin

:eek: *tweeet tweet*

i bought sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds
also brazil nuts, dried apricots, dried apple rings and yoghurt covered raisens

dolla - these all better make me as slender as u !!! Big Grin

tokoloshie

Quote:Originally posted by jewels

don't know if they will make you slim...but they will make you whistle better and do wonders for your plumage...Big Grin
According to Dr Gillian - You are what you Eat......

sunflower seeds - rich source of potassium and rich in B vitamins. Also zinc which play a critical role in the health of the adrenal glands. Evidence suggests that during times of stress the levels of these nutrients can plummet. They are also an excelent source of protein.

Sesame seeds also good for stress...they contain zinc.

Just out of interest.....have any of you noticed a difference since changing your diets....or have you always eaten like this? I must admit I have much more energy Big Grin but then I have been told that I am hyperactive :haha:

tokoloshie

Quote:Originally posted by suep
Just out of interest.....have any of you noticed a difference since changing your diets....or have you always eaten like this? I must admit I have much more energy Big Grin but then I have been told that I am hyperactive :haha:

have always watched what I eat...mostly because I run a lot...had a periode where I was unable to exercise and became rather lazy and gained a lot of weight...but since I have started training I have a lot more energy and sleep better...also avoiding a lot of the bad things so it could be the diet or the exercise..although I'am not as fanatical as most of you when it comes to what to eat or not..Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by tokoloshie
have always watched what I eat...mostly because I run a lot...had a periode where I was unable to exercise and became rather lazy and gained a lot of weight...but since I have started training I have a lot more energy and sleep better...also avoiding a lot of the bad things so it could be the diet or the exercise..although I'am not as fanatical as most of you when it comes to what to eat or not..Big Grin

Fanatical Rolleyes dont know what you mean :haha:

I have followed a healthy eating regime now for about 9 years........its the exercise I cant seem to start!!!!!

I was swimming 3 times a week....but stopped (cant remember why).......will have to get myself organised and do something!!!!!

tokoloshie

I was swimming 3 times a week....but stopped (cant remember why).......will have to get myself organised and do something!!!!!

you live in a Poole...:haha:.....I know very weak but it is Thursday afternoon...Big Grin

Dolla

According to Dr Gillian - You are what you Eat......

sunflower seeds - rich source of potassium and rich in B vitamins. Also zinc which play a critical role in the health of the adrenal glands. Evidence suggests that during times of stress the levels of these nutrients can plummet. They are also an excelent source of protein.

Sesame seeds also good for stress...they contain zinc.

I forgot that they are good for stres!!!!! Exactly what I need right now!

Oh Sue, I can't sing the joy of Dr Gillian enough. My whole life has been turned around, but for the better. I used to suffer from bloated tummy and thought I had IBS or something.
Since I have been doing the food combination and eating fruit seperatly I have noticed a HUGE difference!
I can actually now fit into the same pair of trousers in the evening as the morning :haha:
I do have much more energy and is not constantly hungry (even though I have been eating 3 meals and snacks). And I am not going to gross you out, but I am much more regular, if you know what I mean Blush

This women is amazing and I am taking my book with to my mum and sis-in-law, she has the exact same problem as I have.

Dolla

Fanatical Rolleyes dont know what you mean :haha:

I have followed a healthy eating regime now for about 9 years........its the exercise I cant seem to start!!!!!

Sue, I think he forgot what this thread was originally about Rolleyes Wink

Dolla

Quote:Originally posted by jewels

Now you're talking! I absolutely LOVE apple rings and the yoghurt coated raisins and peanuts! Do you buy them at H&B? I think I am getting myself this for the plane trip tomorrow (I just can't eat dinner 11 o' clock in the evening Rolleyes )