South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: You are what you eat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tokoloshie

Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
:haha: You are worthy of joining us at a ladies night.

So, have you organised anyfink yet for our get together?

not yet..have you?...Wink
howzit guys?

what a day

good result tho - won a trial and got costs aswell :thumbs: :cheer:

mmmmm monday i believe is D day for those at work and wanting to know abour redundancies
bitter sweet emotions - if u stay, get some cash
if u go, have a job ! :haha:

eating wise - have been good

brekkie
warm water with lemon
yoghurt

lunch - avo and turkey ham salad
mini yorkie biscuit

tonight - quiche and salad

i dont fancy the gym Sad

i suppose 2x a week gym is sifficient ? what ses u all? (sat and sun i am planning on going)

where are u all?
Quote:Originally posted by jewels
howzit guys?

where are u all?

I'm here spying on you guys!!! Wink

LAST DAY AT WORK!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Dronkgat tonight!! :rofl:

tokoloshie

I'am here to....but will be in and out as trying to negotiate terms of redundancy with the HR Director...Sad
Quote:Originally posted by tokoloshie
I'am here to....but will be in and out as trying to negotiate terms of redundancy with the HR Director...Sad

join the club toks, join the club !
these past 2 weeks have been horrendous
chin up tho :hartlik:

i have volunteered for redundancy - spiteful bu ggers might make me stay now !

back to thread
brekkie
yoghurt and banana
warm water with lemon
glass of orange

i had made an egg, avo and turkey salad but just been invited for lunch - in china town

Dolla

Hello all,

I was a bit poor yesterday, so wasn't in at work. Chin up Toks and Jewels, it can only get better now (fingers crossed in any way!)

Here is mine today:

Brekkie - oats with raisins, warm water and lemon, more water
Snack - apple and decaff skinny latte
Lunch - Mushroom couscous with cottage cheese and chick peas
Dinner - Don't know yet

Oee! Yesterday because I was off sick and cold I felt like something nice and traditional (no sickness has ever put me off eating :haha: ) anyway, I made the lekkerste melkkos, I am still licking my lips. I might just have the leftovers tonight...
Oee! Yesterday because I was off sick and cold I felt like something nice and traditional (no sickness has ever put me off eating :haha: ) anyway, I made the lekkerste melkkos, I am still licking my lips. I might just have the leftovers tonight...

hi there

i have never made chick peas or even cous cous!
and what is melkkos?????

i did bring in salad but now, i am off for a chinky Smile
(PC as always!)

Dolla

hi there

i have never made chick peas or even cous cous!
and what is melkkos?????

i did bring in salad but now, i am off for a chinky Smile
(PC as always!)

You can't really make chick peas, you get it in a can (that is what is used as a base for hummus). Cous cous is delicious and a nice substitute for something like wild rice or pasta. Very healthy too

Don't you know what melkkos is???? :eek: :eek:
I used to hate it, we used to get it in the hostel every blerrie week! LOL
It is a milk based dish, with flour, depending on how fine your batter is, it makes nice dumplings and is cooked in milk. Best served with cinnamon sugar and in winter times. Comfort food!
You can't really make chick peas, you get it in a can (that is what is used as a base for hummus). Cous cous is delicious and a nice substitute for something like wild rice or pasta. Very healthy too

Don't you know what melkkos is???? :eek: :eek:
I used to hate it, we used to get it in the hostel every blerrie week! LOL
It is a milk based dish, with flour, depending on how fine your batter is, it makes nice dumplings and is cooked in milk. Best served with cinnamon sugar and in winter times. Comfort food!

ok, will check out for canned chic peas !

melkkos dounds like pancake batter? yum yum

Dolla

ok, will check out for canned chic peas !

melkkos dounds like pancake batter? yum yum

You can also buy it in packs, like beans and have to soak it over night. Those are better, but way to much work. You can use chick peas in just about everything and is gorgeous. Stir fries, casseroles, indian, salads, just about anything.

Yep, very similar to pancake batter, but just all in the way you mix the ingredients. It really is yummy! Even H likes it