South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: You are what you eat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Originally posted by Gregg
How do you poach an egg?? Big Grin

now i would have thought this was u being funny but then again i know u and u are prob'ly serious ! !!!! LOL

Dolla

How do you poach an egg?? Big Grin
Rolleyes Rolleyes
Boil some water with a swig of vinegar in. Swirl the water, and keep on swirling, then drop an egg in, cooked within seconds. In other words, an egg 'fried' in water. Very healthy and very yummy (that is what is in egg benedict as well)

There are more modern ways to do it, but I like the old fashioned way

Dolla

Quote:Originally posted by jewels
i know - i wasnt right in the head - i weighed 37 kilos when i came here feb 2000 - im now prob'ly closer to double that now but my normal weight ! Smile

Sjoe, that is very little hey? My sister suffered as well, just after her baby was born, she weighed just 38kg, she looke like a skeleton...Horrible I tell you!

I am so glad though that you are better Big Grin

tokoloshie

Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
Rolleyes Rolleyes
Boil some water with a swig of vinegar in. Swirl the water, and keep on swirling, then drop an egg in, cooked within seconds. In other words, an egg 'fried' in water. Very healthy and very yummy (that is what is in egg benedict as well)

an old fashioned girl hey...Wink
i just use a poaching pan...:haha:
Rolleyes Rolleyes

Thank you.....I was being serious (for a change)

My Mom always used to make me poached eggs....and I loved them.....but haven't had one since I left home!! :o
Also never bothered to ask her how she did it........

I don't like fried eggs much so tend to make scrambled eggs if any!!
Sjoe, that is very little hey? My sister suffered as well, just after her baby was born, she weighed just 38kg, she looke like a skeleton...Horrible I tell you!

I am so glad though that you are better Big Grin

u dont see it when u are that thin but looking back - sies - horrid
shame - hope ur sis is ok now too

oh ja, it has taken me years to 'come right ' lol but all good Big Grin
i blame these foxes creams !!!! :haha:
My Mom always used to make me poached eggs....and I loved them.....but haven't had one since I left home!! :o

:eek:

poached eggs on toast it is for u then tonight - i will tell leigh ! :haha:
Quote:Originally posted by jewels
now i would have thought this was u being funny but then again i know u and u are prob'ly serious ! !!!! LOL

Don't forget that I am the MASTER chef in our household Big Grin

It's just that I very rarely make eggs....and when I do it's either scrambled or thrown on the skottel!!! :thumbs:

tokoloshie

Thank you.....I was being serious (for a change)

Also never bothered to ask her how she did it........

I don't like fried eggs much so tend to make scrambled eggs if any!!

Gregg...buy a poaching pan can do four eggs at a time..:thumbs: got mine from Robert Dyas...Cool
Quote:Originally posted by tokoloshie
got mine from Robert Dyas...Cool

who is he? :haha: