South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: You are what you eat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tokoloshie

Quote:Originally posted by jewels
u can get mrs balls form tesco i have seen it there
i love that
yumm
esp on beans on toast / pot

have also seen it at Tesco and buy it .. but have not been to Tesco this week...Wink
mmm it is 11 and i have had my pear and my mini echo Big Grin

Dolla

u can get mrs balls form tesco i have seen it there
i love that
yumm
esp on beans on toast / pot

Our local Sainsbury's supplied it, but for some reason have stopped. I have seen it at the Tesco's though. But it is in Wimbledon though, so I might as well just go down to the SA shop then Big Grin

Icecub

nothing to eat yet...tummy abit fragile - due to babelaas....:haha: **groan**
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub

:haha:
u need to have a greasy fried egg and bacon buttie as they say here !

plenty water tho - as the headache is due to dehydration appparently

Dolla

mmm it is 11 and i have had my pear and my mini echo Big Grin

It is only 12 now and I am dying for my lunch. I have had a coffee but it didn't help. I'll have that orange now then Wink

Dolla

:haha: Ag shame! Like Jewels said, have a nice fry up and go back to bed, that always works Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
It is only 12 now and I am dying for my lunch. I have had a coffee but it didn't help. I'll have that orange now then Wink

yes - have ur oranje Smile
can u believe no biccies yet tho Big Grin
(note the word YET - i am not tempting fate LOL)

Dolla

yes - have ur oranje Smile
can u believe no biccies yet tho Big Grin
(note the word YET - i am not tempting fate LOL)

You can do it! :cheer: :cheer: See, I am cheering you on.... (I mean, you can do it, not eat them, that is Wink )

tokoloshie

help is on it's way....Big Grin

Fry-up. Serious carousers tend towards quantities of grease; a solid fry-up to still the body’s jitters. There is medical support for this: grease coats the acid in the stomach like a blanket starving a fire of oxygen, while carbohydrates hack at the alcohol. Working men's cafés across Britain are filled with glassy-eyed revellers hunched over breakfast plates of eggs, bacon, sausages, tomatoes, beans, mushrooms and fried bread. Diners off West Hollywood Boulevard are still the silent early morning meeting ground of impecunious scriptwriters who have been at the keyboard and bottle all night, bent over restorative plates of hash browns and eggs-over-easy.

Hot ’n’ spicy. Others, for reasons unknown, swear by chilli and spice. Chicken soup also has its advocates. The great food writer MFK Fisher suggests Gazpacho is ‘one of the world’s best breakfasts for unfortunates who are badly hung over’, while a good strong Bloody Mary combines hair-of-the-dog and spice – surely the best combination of all.

Gazpacho
This is best made the night before so the flavours have a chance to mingle together. However, if you are not that organised, or donÂ’t always plan your big nights out in advance, just give it as long as you can. You can always go back to bed while you wait.

Serves 4

1 generous mixed handful chives, chervil, parsley, basil, marjoram (use any or all, but make sure theyÂ’re fresh)
1 garlic clove
1 red pepper
2 peeled and seeded tomatoes
3 tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1 mild onion, sliced paper-thin
225g diced cucumber
salt and pepper
25g fresh breadcrumbs

Chop the herbs and mash thoroughly with the garlic, red pepper, and tomatoes, adding the oil very slowly, and then the lemon juice.
Add about 3 glasses cold water (or a good meat or fish stock) or as much as you wish.
Add the onion and the cucumber, season, sprinkle with breadcrumbs, then store in the fridge for 4 hours, or as long as possible, before serving.

Sick