South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Boerewors?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi there

I bought some boorie in Luton at a small butcher in the Luton Inside market in the Arndale Centre (or something that started with an A).... it was not too shabby and they had chilli wors too...

I think there is a lady in Stevenage at the SA shop there (its on the side of Waitrose - you will notice it with the SA flag flying out the window!)

I have also purchased wors at the market in Watford at the Harlequin centre... also pretty scrummy....

I am keen to taste the wors out in Milton Keynes as I plan to visit that area soon... so could you all update this thread with the number of the shop or details like the address?

cheers!
we will be making our own... Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Spacegirl
Hi there

I bought some boorie in Luton at a small butcher in the Luton Inside market in the Arndale Centre (or something that started with an A).... it was not too shabby and they had chilli wors too...

I think there is a lady in Stevenage at the SA shop there (its on the side of Waitrose - you will notice it with the SA flag flying out the window!)

I have also purchased wors at the market in Watford at the Harlequin centre... also pretty scrummy....

I am keen to taste the wors out in Milton Keynes as I plan to visit that area soon... so could you all update this thread with the number of the shop or details like the address?

cheers!

They used to be called Klerksdorp, but I think they are/have changed it to Cruga (the name of the biltong they make). They are in Carter's Lane, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes. I am not too sure of the name of the 'block they are in, but I will PM you the exact details if you want :up:thumbs:
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
They used to be called Klerksdorp, but I think they are/have changed it to Cruga (the name of the biltong they make). They are in Carter's Lane, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes. I am not too sure of the name of the 'block they are in, but I will PM you the exact details if you want :up:thumbs:

Yes please, that would be helpful.

Do you also know how much they charge per kilo?

Thanks a lot!

:daisy:
Quote:Originally posted by Pronkertjie
Yes please, that would be helpful.

Do you also know how much they charge per kilo?

Thanks a lot!

:daisy:

SNAP!!!!

Very interested in details...
Hi Cheffie

Thanks for this - wrote the number down.

I think I will get a motorbike with a sidecar and tour the country with a Saffer friend and a gas braai to test all the boerewors from North to South. Will contact the BBC, maybe they will do a program on us Smile

Bless you

:lovef:

good idea !!!!! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by jewels
good idea !!!!! Big Grin

Would you like to join me in the sidecar :haha:
Would you like to join me in the sidecar :haha:

yes please !
but not too fast - watch the hair
watch the hair ! :haha:
Quote:Originally posted by jewels