South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Boerewors?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:Originally posted by Pronkertjie
We will get the whole outfit to protect our hair, plus the goggles! Smile

I don't believe the BBC employs the SAS to do any form of protection... be it for your hair or not Wink

May I suggest a hair net - its a lot less costly, really South African... and most of all it can be used for great camera angles to shoot at whilst you nibble on your respective wors's Big Grin

Though do make sure you spray some form of fire retardant in it before use - wouldn't want to invoke the wrath of the Health and Safety Executive by standing too close to the fake fire and ending up looking for a wig by the end of the afternoon's jolly exploits Big Grin

If the goggles can't be found.. just remove the hairnet and arrange the strands carefully over the eyes (this presumes that you have long hair to start with) and then proceed as normal whilst drivingblind and trying to avoid big burly truckers who'd like to steal your boerewors and replace them with proper British standard BBQ food.... the burger
*shudder*

Though whether the SAS will charge the BBC for cruel and unusual torture remains to be seen...
Ag Cheffie.... you do make me laugh!!

I am so glad I am alone in the office! :haha:

Thanks for the advice .... we will make sure to take detour to visit your area too :haha: We will have to get the BBC to paint GlobalBuzz on the mosterbaaik too Big Grin

Jewels, where are you?

Jewels, where are you?

i am here
i am here !

:haha:
ag nee man - hair nets - die skaamte (pronks - u like the taal Big Grin )

do they come in colours to match the outfits ? Big Grin
Thanks for the advice .... we will make sure to take detour to visit your area too :haha:

I'll deny ever having spoken to you and call the cops (though I think they'll be intimidated by all the burly truck drivers and SAS men taking care of your hair net Big Grin )

Please avoid my area totally - go straight to the butcher and do not collect 200...

I think I need more sleep as that sounded awfully familiar... kinda like monopoly! Rolleyes

I think GB painted on the hairnet would be far more effective!

Not only will the Duck cringe and cease his waddling.. but I'm sure he'll purchase any remaining prints of it and make a tutu for his buddha self for winter runs Big Grin

Its amazing how women seem to get away with everything... I'll bet that the BBC features you on a profile of young Saffers who're exploring their new home and having fun doing so..

Though whether the SABC will pay for syndication rights remains to be seen :haha:
Quote:Originally posted by Spacegirl
SNAP!!!!

Very interested in details...

I can pop in tomorrow and have a look for you! Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
They used to be called Klerksdorp, but I think they are/have changed it to Cruga (the name of the biltong they make). They are in Carter's Lane, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes. I am not too sure of the name of the 'block they are in, but I will PM you the exact details if you want :up:thumbs:

Pam M... this is not the place I was referring to. Klerksdorp is extremely expensive and their wors is genuinely not a patch on the place in Bletchly. Palmers Butchery in the high street of Bletchley sell wors 3 for 5GBP (sorry lost my pound sign) basically it is 3 metres for a fiver whereas at Klerksdorp it is about 4pounds for a metre.

I do however go there for my Nik-Naks and other yummy things!
Thanks everyone for all your input!

The Boerewors was bought at a butcher in St Albans somewhere.

:hartlik:

:daisy:
so what time do u want us round for the braai then?
Big Grin
O gaats.... yesterday already :haha:

:daisy:
Pages: 1 2 3