South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Extremely emotional songs...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you have one that you'd like to share with us ?

I have 3, all by the same artist and all about the same fictional girl...

The songs are "Jeanny" (parts 1 - 3) because they remind me of a friend who couldn't say no to drugs....

Then there is Bosson's "One in a Million" as it makes me think of someone special in my heart.

So do you have one and what is the reason for it being special ?

Daniela

I have 2 very emotional ones ... Thank You for Loving Me - Bon Jovi and Indigo Girl - Watershed means a lot to me now Big Grin

I'm on Fire - Bruce Springsteen ... reminds me of my ex who was killed 6 years ago, it was a favourite song when we were together.

Minuit Chretien - Nanna Mouskouri at Xmas makes me think of my mom as this was her all time favourite carol... and she passed away at Xmas time ...
Mike and the Mechanics : In the living years ( think so much of my own parents died died quite young and then of my own children)

Rambling Rose: Reminds me of my brother that died at the age of 26

There are so many songs that bring a tear to my eye.

Daniela

I have just been listening to Katie Melua - The Closest Thing to Crazy ... what an exceptionally incredible song ... a new one in my emotional favourites.
Nights in white satin - dont recall the artist - teenage years
No more boleros - jolink - daughters bought for me for a birthday
Quote:Originally posted by sooibrand
Nights in white satin - dont recall the artist - teenage years
No more boleros - jolink - daughters bought for me for a birthday

Think it was The Moody Blues that sang Nights in white satin.

picanin

Mike and the Mechanics - Living Years. Will always remind me of my dad:

I wasn't there that morning
When my Father passed away
I didn't get to tell him
All the things I had to say

I think I caught his spirit
Later that same year
I'm sure I heard his echo
In my baby's new born tears
I just wish I could have told him in the living years

Ninah Cherry / Youssou Ndour Seven Seconds will always remind me of the day back in August / September 94 when they called to say my best mate Michael had suffered a stroke and there was no hope. Mike was far, far too young and too decent to die.

So many more! All of the special people in my life I have songs that I associate with them.
Quote:Originally posted by picanin
Mike and the Mechanics - Living Years. Will always remind me of my dad:

I wasn't there that morning
When my Father passed away
I didn't get to tell him
All the things I had to say

I think I caught his spirit
Later that same year
I'm sure I heard his echo
In my baby's new born tears
I just wish I could have told him in the living years

We share the same song there picanin
Until reading this post I have never actually related that song to the very sudden death of my dad.

Just reading the lyrics brings a lump to my throat because they are actually as it happened.
I also have 3 which I find very emotional - actually there are many but these are 3 which spring to mind...

Africa by Toto (brings up all sorts of memories from Africa and the bush and childhood _ more so now that I live in the UK)

Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O Conno

And then pretty much everything from Enigma ! (love their 1st album most of all)
Pages: 1 2