South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: System Resources
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What should the system resources be on ones computer?
As I am not too clued up about computers I would like to know more about this. I checked mine & it was around 50 - 60%.
Is this ok?
Quote:Originally posted by Curio
What should the system resources be on ones computer?
As I am not too clued up about computers I would like to know more about this. I checked mine & it was around 50 - 60%.
Is this ok?

Where did you see this ?

I think it should be ok unless your computer feels slow ?

picanin

Curio unless you are using a software modem - which drains your system resources heavily - you should be OK. However I am not a Windows boffin so maybe someone will be more clued up than me.
Only "system resopurces" I know is when your memory is low and you start to get warnings.

That is purely memory (RAM).

Just increase your ram size ?

picanin

Quote:Originally posted by FlyingBok
Only "system resopurces" I know is when your memory is low and you start to get warnings.

That is purely memory (RAM).

Just increase your ram size ?

It can also refer to virtual memory which is a portion of your hard drive set aside to act as temporary storeage when RAM starts running low - also known as the swap file. A good indication of running low on resources is when your hard drive suddenly starts thrashing while you use your PC. A definite indication that you need more RAM!
Thank You for the replies. Much appreciated.
Smile