South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Bcc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Something very strange just happened. I never use BCC in outlook express but just now I sent a message to quite a few people using BCC. When it opened I have already been sending a BCC to an email address I have never heard of. Trojan perhaps? I immeadiately ran Norton antivirus, adaware and spybot and nothing suspicious came up!Sad

picanin

interesting one! has somebody got any reason to snoop on you? What was the email addy it was sending too? It might be an idea to google the email addy and see if there are any other people with similar problems.
I deleted it in a panic before recording it but it started something like ***cookie@hotmail

picanin

Quote:Originally posted by Goldminer
I deleted it in a panic before recording it but it started something like ***cookie@hotmail

Sounds to me as though you may well ahve a trojan or some spy software on your PC.
Quote:Originally posted by picanin
Sounds to me as though you may well ahve a trojan or some spy software on your PC.

I've just run adaware and spybot again and nothing has come up.
Hopefully thats an end to it.

All the ingredients of a Trojan Virus GM.

Is your anti - virus up to date and did you do a complete scan ?
Doff me again, how does one see who you sent a bcc to?

I have a blank in my sent items box?

Thanks

Goldminer, I had problems with my computer some time ago and despite doing a daily update with Norton and scanning every day, trojans and some other worms still managed to pass the anti-virus programme.

I use AVG antivirus nowdays, seems to be ok so far and it is free.

picanin

The problem is that this may not be a normal trojan / spyware thingie. I ahve some very nice Windows surveilance software which AV and trojan hunters dont pick up. It could be something like that. GM if you dont find it I would suggest a format and reinstall. By the way, where in Swansea are you and do they ever allow you to come and visit the Big City? If so lemme know and we can meet up for a drink! Big Grin

PS Dont be like Tannie Joan and too scared to come sowf....... :p
The problem is that this may not be a normal trojan / spyware thingie. I ahve some very nice Windows surveilance software which AV and trojan hunters dont pick up. It could be something like that. GM if you dont find it I would suggest a format and reinstall. By the way, where in Swansea are you and do they ever allow you to come and visit the Big City? If so lemme know and we can meet up for a drink! Big Grin

PS Dont be like Tannie Joan and too scared to come sowf....... :p

Oi....

I am not scared of you guys down souf, you insulted us from the norf ........ said we were an unfriendly, mean looking buch of people!

Picanin, if Wales play against SA ( that is rugby now....Big Grin ) we will be in Cardiff.... That is a promise and you will have to make the effort to join us then!
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
Doff me again, how does one see who you sent a bcc to?

I use AVG antivirus nowdays, seems to be ok so far and it is free.

Excuse me for my ignorance, but what is BCC? What does it stand for? I always want to try & learn more about computers so am interested to know.

I also use AVG & I find it so much faster than Norton Anti Virus.
Pages: 1 2 3