South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Yet another Mary Higgins Clark...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well she is certainly churning them out.

I have just finished, Night-time Is My Time !

---------------------------------------------------------

The definition of an owl had always pleased him: "I am the owl," he would whisper to himself after he had selected his prey, "and night-time is my time." Jean Sheridan, a prominent historian, returns to her hometown to attend the twenty-year reunion of Stonecroft Academy, where she is to be honoured along with six other members of her class. There is, however, something uneasy in the air: one woman in the group, Alison Kenall, a beautiful, high-powered Hollywood agent, died just a few days before, drowned in her pool during an early morning swim. She is the fifth woman in the class whose life has come to a sudden, mysterious end. At the award dinner, Jean does not suspect that among the distinguished people she is greeting is the "Owl," a murderer nearing the countdown on his mission of vengeance against the Stonecroft women who had mocked or humiliated him, with Jean his final intended victim.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I enjoyed it and find it different from her previous books. Basically a 20 year high school reunion brings together a whole host of characters, and of course a killer who goes by the name Owl. Slowly over years he has killed off a group pf popular girls who all were friends and who used to make fun of him. The whole story revolves around the two who are left. This book does fall short a little near the end, but at the same time it does have some suspense in it and kept me interested. :read:
Great minds think alike Big Grin

Earlier at work today I printed out MHC's bibliography intending to complete my collection of her works on my next visit to the U.K.

She certainly knows her suspense to say the least... :p

Dolla

This book sounds good. Will be my next buy
Poor Venus, as she doesn't know yet how many MHC books are coming her way yet, and poor me trying to keep my luggage under the weight limit... :p

I've no idea why all of a sudden I am hooked on her books...
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
Poor Venus, as she doesn't know yet how many MHC books are coming her way yet, and poor me trying to keep my luggage under the weight limit... :p

I've no idea why all of a sudden I am hooked on her books...

Cause you've read the previous 25 books...Big Grin and she is pretty good still !
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz
Cause you've read the previous 25 books...Big Grin and she is pretty good still !

Umm... only read about ½ of that.... But another 10 to add to the list soon Big Grin