South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Helpppppp - Dial Up??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, here is a toffee... and I would MUCHLY appreaciate any help on this.

Picture this.....

My husband's father has a laptop. He is not subscribed to BT or anything as he has been living with us for a bit, and using my pc. He is starting a 3 month contract in the sticks on Monday and will be staying in a B&B or something like that, where he might have a phone in his room.

Assuming he has access to a telephone line, IS there a way for him to dial up to read his email? If so, how would he go about it? Does he have to subscribe to anything or anyone? He currently has Freemail, which I believe was taken over by Wanadoo??

Any suggetions would be most appreciated....

picanin

Beans a lot of ISP's do 0800 number access - obviously your outlaw will ahve to pay for this. If he gives places like BT, virgin.net and a few other palces a call they will be able to tell you more. The other option is to set him up on a UK2net account. This is totally free internet at the cost of the 0845 call. This would be the one I would recommend for jsut downloading the odd bit of email. If he were to sue the 0800 type service he would generally ahve to register himself at a single phone number - this is to avoid people paying for one account and allowing multiples homes to use it.

Try Net4nowt or UK2Net or Virgin net
Pic... thank you very much for this! You are a star!