South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: So whatja reading...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am reading a lovely book called Lorelei's Secret by Carolyn Parkhurst and am really ejoying it. Will tell you more once I am finished it...below is a synopsis anyway:

Paul Iverson's life is dull until he meets Lexy and her Rhodesian Ridgeback, Lorelei. When Lexy climbs the apple tree and falls to her death Paul cannot believe it was an accident and sets out to uncover the truth of what happened with the help of the only creature that saw what happened: Lorelei.
Sounds interesting. Smile
I've just finished a dalliance into James Patterson with "Cradle and All" and "Roses are Red".
I've now got Sophie Kinsella's "Shopaholic Abroad" and another of Jeffrey Deavers books.
Looking forward to them
Rereading Stephen King's and Peter Straub's "The Talisman" But next month I'll be reading a load of Mary Higgins Clark as well as the latest S. King Dark Tower follow up and the new Dean R. Koontz thanx to Venus Big Grin
i have just finished john grishams Bleachers - rubbish and really dissappointed by the author whose work i love

i have no picked up a book i bought ages ago and never seemed to get around to - Desparation by Stephen King
it gripped me from the word go and i cannot wait to pick it up again - i hope it carries on with its great reading
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
Stephen King's and Peter Straub's Dean R. Koontz

how strange - i havent picked up a stephen king for ages and started reading one yesterday
these authors were my favourites when i was younger - really good reads ! :thumbs:

Icecub

just finished...."Slave" by Mende Nazer and Damien Lewis...

very good book...Wink
this book is obviously NOT a fiction but a seven step guide to everyday genius... it is quite fascinating though I am at the begining of the book.... will keep you posted as I progress.

The last fiction books I read were on the weekend, both by Dan Brown... Angels and Demons and Digital Fortress... both BRILLIANT!
Finished Toorbos from Dalene Mathee last night. I really enjoyed reading a good afrikaans boek for a change.Smile
hi all

long time no hear !

i am almost finished stephen kings Desparation !

i bought Lovely Bones for a read
and also a book called Frankie and Stankie - cannot rem'ber who the author was but it is about 2 little south african girls in the 50s - looked really good and applicable i thought too !!!! Big Grin
Still wading through Frankie and Stankie - I think I need to start it all over again, or just give it up.....and if I can read War and Peace, I am sure I can finish this one!!:wall:

Am busy reading "Second Time Round" by Mary Higgins Clark. It's okay, but nothing thrilling.... Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4