South Africa Info Forums
How much does your family drink - Printable Version

+- South Africa Info Forums (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Your Resources (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/Forum-Your-Resources)
+--- Forum: Your Health, Fitness and Wellbeing (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/Forum-Your-Health-Fitness-and-Wellbeing)
+--- Thread: How much does your family drink (/Thread-How-much-does-your-family-drink)

Pages: 1 2

How much does your family drink - Jillibeans - 06-02-2004

I was wondering how much your family drinks. We are a household of 4 (2 Adults and 2 Children Ages 15 and 12). We go through everyday: 2 sometimes 3 litres of milk, 2 litres of mineral water, 1 litre of fruit juice (diluted 50/50 with some of the above mineral water) and then also about 2 litres of normal tap water. Inbetween this is a couple of cups of tea. I have not included myself in this as I normally only drink tea/coffee with a little milk and tap water. The above is consumed between 3 people is this normal, and in summer it goes up alot more. What to you all drink during the day.

How much does your family drink - Jemlet - 06-02-2004

Hi Jili

We are also a family of 4 except the children are 3 and 1 respectively. We go through a pint of skimmed, semi skimmed and a pint of full cream milk. Most of the milk is used for cereals and tea and coffee as only the baby actually drinks the milk. We also have a pint of orange juice (sometimes 2) and probably not enough water. I have about 5 cups of tea a day and hubby probably has the same amount of coffee.

How much does your family drink - sterretjie - 06-02-2004

just me alone and i only drink 1,5 litres of milk in about 3 weeks. (that is why i have to buy long life milk)

some tea and coffee, although not that much. the rest is only tap water for me.

How much does your family drink - Cheffie - 06-02-2004

What an interesting heading!

Here I thought we all had to hang out our laundry and divulge a few of our secrets :o

The milk and mineral water thing I can relate to..

But sad to see no-one is owning up to any alcoholic beverages!

Makes me think my 'family' of housemates are not to be commented on Big Grin

Though I am still an angel *cough*
Big Grin

How much does your family drink - Toktokkie - 06-02-2004

Only two of us at home. We each drink 4 or 5 cups of tea a day. Only milk we drink is what we put in our tea (2%). Other than that it's RO water and plenty of it.

Sorry Cheffie, can't fess up to any alcohol. I hate the stuff :p

How much does your family drink - Cali - 08-02-2004

Only my son of five and me in the house. Go through about 5 pints of milk a week... Full fat milk - that's for milky coffee's, tea and cereal and mash potatos!

Then there is the 8 litres of Coca Cola I go through. About 3 litres of fruit juice for myself and Connor and then he drinks Oros or water.

We drink a lot in this household.

How much does your family drink - Icecub - 08-02-2004

Wow!! You lot of suipers né?? :haha:

My son has to have 1 and 1/2 litres of milk per day.....so in this household...we use up to 10 litres of milk per week.....with cereal usage and cooking as well...

Also as i do not drink coffee and tea, i average about 3 litres of cranberry juice per week, plus we drink loads of bottled water, so we use about 6 litres per week, plus orange juice for cereal....plus our diet pepsi we drink every night which is about half a litre per night....so yes we also suip plenty...also depends on our mood....so we also drink red wine every night too.....sjoe plenty hey?? :eek: :eek:

How much does your family drink - sterretjie - 09-02-2004

ok cheffie, i will also own up to having at least 1 bottle of red wine in my house. and one beer that has been there since october last year.

might drink a glass of red wine when i am at home alone, but when i go out, that changes drasticly Big Grin

How much does your family drink - Jillibeans - 09-02-2004

Cheffie, Jim aswell also admits to indulging in a couple of bottles of red every now and then :haha:, or the beers, etc!!!!!!!

How much does your family drink - Cheffie - 10-02-2004

Quote:Originally posted by sterretjie
might drink [B]a glass of red wine [/B]

Some people refer to the glass as being in a bottle Wink

I'll have to ask my housemates whether they use straws Big Grin